Nearly 500 "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Showtimes Sold Out on Fandango

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
November 03, 2010, 11:40 PM

It is being reported that nearly 500 showtimes for "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" have already sold out on Fandango:

"Even though the finale's first part is more than two weeks away, fans are already showing their eagerness to join the final journey on opening weekend," says Fandango Chief Operating Officer Rick Butler. "We've seen more sold-out showtimes for this film than we've seen for any other pre-release title this year."
Compared to the other Harry Potter films, "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" has has had "[b]risk ticket sales outpacing the ticket sales of each previous HARRY POTTER adventure at the same point in those films' sales cycles," and compared to other movies out now "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" amounts to, "61% of Fandango's daily ticket sales, single-handedly beating the ticket sales for all current films combined."

Many thanks to adam for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Red_lips_2_thumb

Amazing! I’ve already booked my tickets in New Zealand :D

Posted by LittleMonster on November 03, 2010, 11:43 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I got my tickets the first chance I got already on Fandango! Squee!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 03, 2010, 11:54 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

just got mine after reading this headline and freaking out. i almost had a heart attack when i saw that the theater i usually go to was sold out, LUCKILY another theater in a different city 5 minutes from me had some! only 4 out of the 9 theaters around here still have any tickets! this is getting crazy!!! i bet we’ll have to order a month in advance for dh2! :O

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on November 04, 2010, 12:38 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

after two hours of waiting on-line, i got mine too!

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on November 04, 2010, 01:40 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Just booked mine. It’s the first time I’ve ever booked a movie ticket online!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on November 04, 2010, 03:18 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thats really awesome. Gotta book mine today

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 04, 2010, 05:10 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

thank god i already bought my tickets…i got them about 2 weeks ago because i just had a feeling something like this would happen :)

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on November 04, 2010, 06:22 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Bought my tix weeks ago as soon as they were put on sale. I really wanted the IMAX version! I’m not surprised by Fandango’s news

Posted by Silvery Doe on November 04, 2010, 06:26 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

[Compared to other movies out now “Deathly Hallows: Part 1” amounts to, “61% of Fandango’s daily ticket sales, single-handedly beating the ticket sales for all current films combined.”]… I knew tickets were going to sell quickly but didn’t expect this amount of sales!! I waited until I saw the IMAX tickets available and bought mine at the beginning of the week. Sure am glad I didn’t wait!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 04, 2010, 06:54 AM report to moderator
Th_dawn_icons_thumb

my tickets are bought! YAY!! I got worried cuz one of my friends told me that they were sold out, but I looked and I could buy some more

Posted by hpfanaticfan2011 on November 04, 2010, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Wow I have a midnight show ticket!

Posted by Girlraven1 on November 04, 2010, 08:53 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Oh merde, I still have to book flights home to go see it, or risk watching it in Spanish (not a chance)

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 04, 2010, 08:54 AM report to moderator

I didnt use Fandango, but I already have my tickets and I’m seeing it at an IMAX!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on November 04, 2010, 09:21 AM report to moderator

Don’t panic if you don’t see your local theater on Fandango, not all theaters sell on that site. My AMC Theater does not sell their tickets on Fandango; they only sell online through movietickets.com. Fandango will say no tickets available for this theater so you may think they are sold out but if you go to movietickets.com they have the tickets available. The better option is to just drop by your local theater that way you have the ticket in your hands and don’t have to stand in the ticket pick up line the day of the movie.

Posted by mlc on November 04, 2010, 10:24 AM report to moderator

good thing i booked mine two weeks ago :D Super excited!!

Posted by trumpetgirly [ROAR] on November 04, 2010, 11:28 AM report to moderator

"Anyone else's parents got a problem with Harry?" he said aggressively.[br]"My parents are Muggles, mate," said Dean, shrugging. "They don't know nothing about no deaths at Hogwarts, because I'm not stupid enough to tell them."