Harry and Ron at the Burrow in New Clip Released from "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Film

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
November 03, 2010, 09:27 PM

The LA Times Hero Complex blog is continuing their countdown coverage of the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film with a minute long clip from the film.  Available to view right here in our Video Galleries, the clip features the characters of Harry and Ron having a tense discussion about what is to come in the hunt for horcruxes.

Many thanks to Maria and our awesome Video Galleries crew!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Nagini1_normal_thumb

Fantastic clip, thank you for sharing! Although parts of this were seen in the TV spots, it’s nice to see the whole scene and exchange between Harry and Ron. Not too long to wait now until Part One!

Posted by Slytherins on November 04, 2010, 06:44 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Something was a bit off for me too, I wasn´t sure whether it was the dialogue, the acting, or the editing but something was just off. Maybe a combination of all 3. On second viewing it didn´t seem so bad. I just felt a bit- meh! And Ron´s line about Hermione seemed to work better in the TV spot than this clip. It all just felt a little contrived, concept´s good though. Running off on his own´s a very Harry thing to do (albeit even if it´s more of a movie-Harry thing to do). The concept of the seen works and seeing as it´s just after Moody dying- it works.

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 04, 2010, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

Not watching anything… two weeks left.. :D

Posted by Petra on November 04, 2010, 10:48 AM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

I think this clip fits in very well with the book. I’ve read the different parts that this clip summarizes just recently. This is not reminiscent of the scene in the bedroom where Hermione and Ron inform Harry of all they’ve done to prepare for going with him. This scene is more a combination of the parts of the book where 1) after Moody dies, during the fire-whisky toast, Harry announces that he is leaving so no one else’s life is at risk, and of course they all lambast him; and 2) Harry announces to Ron that he is leaving after his birthday and Ron says “you can’t!” “what about the wedding? – they’ll kill us if we’re not there!” Harry gives Ron a “murderous look” and says “don’t they know how important this is?” and Ron replies “no mate, they don’t” (approximate dialogue). So it is very “canon” both for Harry to have expressed that he finds having to stay for the wedding very frivilous at this important time, and also that he did in fact want to leave before the trace was off. By the way – I found the acting subtle and real. I think some people’s expectations are over the top due to all of the build-up and hype.

Posted by sueml on November 04, 2010, 10:56 AM report to moderator

cant wait

Posted by Mew5645 on November 04, 2010, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Monty-python-black-knight-with-one-arm-off-794357_thumb
agree with abandonedboyjon.. I didn’t like the dialogue in this scene at all.. Harry saying “I don’t want to stay for any wedding, I don’t care whose wedding it is”, is just not something Harry would say – or think. At least not the Harry character we’ve come to know and love from the books. Why are they trying to change the character? Ron’s dialogue was eh, ok.. but again, not good really. I really hope the film’s dialogue is better in other scenes..[/quote]

Well remember in the movies Harry doesnt really know Bill at all. He only met him in the “Seven Potters” scene in this movie and he’s only just acquaintances with Fleur who he’s last seen in GOF. He’s also just heard that Moody died, George lose an ear, Hedwig sacrifice himself to save him so he’s feeling kind of guilty.

Posted by Fastbak on November 04, 2010, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

@Fastbak – I disagree. It actually is something Harry thought and, although didn’t exactly say, very much alluded to (regarding not going to the wedding). See my comment previous to yours with quotes from the book. These passages in the book show how disctracted Harry is by the task and that all he can think about is to get moving on it. Harry was never portrayed to be a shrinking violet in the books – he said what was on his mind, he was a bit of a hot-head, and he often acted without thinking (that’s why I love him!).

Posted by sueml on November 04, 2010, 12:02 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Ooops sorry Fastbak – you were quoting “HBFan”. Well, my comment goes to them then!

Posted by sueml on November 04, 2010, 12:06 PM report to moderator
Monty-python-black-knight-with-one-arm-off-794357_thumb

That’s okay. I didn’t know the board didn’t have “quote” functions!

Posted by Fastbak on November 04, 2010, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Ebg_old_books_thumb

You know, I love seeing all this clips, but if WB keeps releasing them for viewing, we will have seen the entire movie before it comes out.

Posted by Norian on November 04, 2010, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

hmm….added scene, but a good added scene. didnt like harry’s lines so much ….so ill give it a ok/good from me!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 04, 2010, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 04, 2010, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

sorry for all those posts my computer is being mean to me!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 04, 2010, 04:55 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

Yeah, I don’t like the dialogue in this scene. This really makes Harry seem like a major douche. First of all, whether or not he considered not going to the wedding and leaving the Burrow, he wasn’t actually going to do it. And, if he was planning on leaving all of a sudden with Ron, and leaving Hermione behind.. that would just be stupid, and quite reckless. Oh, well. I’m kind of wondering by this point if Warner Brothers is going to have released the entire film by the time it’s out by this rate of clips we’re getting.

Posted by Darth Mary on November 04, 2010, 05:01 PM report to moderator

"What exactly are you so happy about?" Harry asked her.[br]"Oh Harry, don't you see?" Hermione breathed. If she could have done one thing to make absolutely sure that every single person in this school will read your interview, it was banning it!"