Dan Radcliffe Talks About Differences Between "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
November 27, 2010, 08:25 PM

Now that "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" is in theatres, Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has further elaborated on the differences between "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2":

"The last movie is going to be really, really fast-paced and a load of action in it, and it is like a war film," Radcliffe told Reuters. "If we had done this book in one film, the stuff that would have got cut is most of this film."

However, it's Part 1 that the actor finds more appealing because it contains the most character development.

"Part 1, Radcliffe added, is "so sedate compared to what the next one is going to be like. The next film, because you've had all the plot set up already, you can just kind of enjoy the insanity of all the action."

Radcliffe also said that the cast and crew felt a tremendous amount of pressure to get the final two films just right. As a result, some scenes were being rewritten the day before they were shot.

"It was constantly moving and had a less settled feel than the other ones had had," he said.

Deathly Hallows Part 1 opened Friday with a franchise-best $125.1 million bow, winning the weekend. Part 2 is scheduled to open in July. ABC Family recently acquired TV rights to both movies.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Whhhhhhyyyyy so long until July? I cannot wait for Leaky Con and Part 2 of the movie!!!

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 29, 2010, 02:53 AM report to moderator
19961_295278227280_850597280_3220270_6993096_n_thumb

enjoy the insanity!

Posted by AbbieAstoria on November 29, 2010, 04:56 AM report to moderator
781875269_029f43fa6f_thumb

I’m just trying to think of all the things I can do to distract me. Things that I’ve come up with so far: NOTHING!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!! I am definitely re-reading the HP books and re-watching the films of course.

Posted by ashim_gryffindor (Roar!) on November 29, 2010, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Screen-capture_thumb

David Yates and Steve Cloves seem to prefer action to dialogue. There’s never any discussion between the characters, and most of the jokes have been dropped to maintain the ‘dark’ theme. Even black humour is better than no humour. It doesn’t bode well for DH2, but let’s hope the death eaters get soundly beaten for our amusement.

Posted by minerva-rules-uk on November 29, 2010, 09:34 AM report to moderator

I can’t wait till Part 2!!! eee!

Posted by DancewithaGinger on November 29, 2010, 03:11 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait till Part 2!!! eee!

Posted by DancewithaGinger on November 29, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator

I like the idea of taking the deleted scenes that are on the seperate disc and putting them back into the full length film where they belong. That would be so cool.

Posted by hewy on November 29, 2010, 03:53 PM report to moderator

I CANNOT WAIT!!!! I am watching DH1 so much, but I want DH2! argh, I hate waiting.

Posted by AurorHJH on November 29, 2010, 05:48 PM report to moderator

I CAN’T Wait!!!!!!!!! 8 mths!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by 9em on November 29, 2010, 06:30 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Can’t wait to see part 2! My friends and I are plannning to stay in line the day before (beacause it will come out at midnight the next day) the day before it comes out is my friends birthday so we’ll all be celebrating it in line for the whole day! It’ll be very fun! I’m looking forward to it!

Posted by Jacket on November 29, 2010, 10:28 PM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW Part 1 was indeed AWESOME!!! If part 2 is going to move faster, I know I will have to see it 3 times before my mind will soak it all in, because I thought Part 1 moved in some scenes very fast!!! There were indeed some things that were changed around in Part 1, and I am looking forward to seeing Part 2 of Deathly Hallows!!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on November 30, 2010, 07:29 AM report to moderator
Wicked_poster_by_pixarjunkie_thumb

I don’t necessarily want part 2 to materialize right now, right before Christmas.

Rather, I want to materialize AT part 2, in Orlando, in July, at LEAKYCON.

;)

Posted by Scylla on November 30, 2010, 10:23 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_hedwig_1213081666_thumb

They did a great thing while separating the movie in two parts.I can`t wait to see DH part 2,but still I don`t want it to end!

Posted by hedwig_hp ((!ROAR!)) on November 30, 2010, 11:47 AM report to moderator

i cant wait for the second part it sounds so amazing !!! :)
i also hope that the wont cut the prices tale out ^^ because that holds the book together!!!! :)
im so excited but i dont want harry potter to go to quickly !! :(:):(:)!!

Posted by eloise.woo on December 02, 2010, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Red_lips_2_thumb

I can’t wait to see Part Two! I think it’s going to be much harder to keep up with, but probably more interesting.

Posted by LittleMonster on December 04, 2010, 06:03 AM report to moderator

Sure it was over, sure Voldemort had decided to flee, Harry made to run out from behind his statue guard, but Dumbledore bellowed, "Stay where you are, Harry!"[br]For the first time, Dumbledore sounded frightened.