Dan Radcliffe Talks About Differences Between "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
November 27, 2010, 08:25 PM

Now that "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" is in theatres, Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has further elaborated on the differences between "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2":

"The last movie is going to be really, really fast-paced and a load of action in it, and it is like a war film," Radcliffe told Reuters. "If we had done this book in one film, the stuff that would have got cut is most of this film."

However, it's Part 1 that the actor finds more appealing because it contains the most character development.

"Part 1, Radcliffe added, is "so sedate compared to what the next one is going to be like. The next film, because you've had all the plot set up already, you can just kind of enjoy the insanity of all the action."

Radcliffe also said that the cast and crew felt a tremendous amount of pressure to get the final two films just right. As a result, some scenes were being rewritten the day before they were shot.

"It was constantly moving and had a less settled feel than the other ones had had," he said.

Deathly Hallows Part 1 opened Friday with a franchise-best $125.1 million bow, winning the weekend. Part 2 is scheduled to open in July. ABC Family recently acquired TV rights to both movies.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Pheonix2_thumb

Just saw DH1 for the 3rd time tonight, definitely read for the war film DH2 should be.

Posted by Liderc on November 28, 2010, 12:35 AM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

its going to be amazing!!! XD

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on November 28, 2010, 02:26 AM report to moderator
186087_1721944089_7979824_n_thumb

Ya! I want to see it now!!!!!!!

Posted by blessi on November 28, 2010, 03:05 AM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

I dont know. I guess when they are still in the process of writing as they continue to act, makes me nervous… I do hope that Hermione doesnt die in coming into contact with Voldemort.

Posted by sidnandragin on November 28, 2010, 03:13 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Awww i just cant wait for DH2. i might die waiting that long

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 28, 2010, 04:28 AM report to moderator
3106762989_1_7_lisbs0hy_thumb

So cool !!!

Posted by CDR on November 28, 2010, 05:14 AM report to moderator

Will there be proper extended blu ray editions of ALL 8 films ? Lets hope so but I fear that Warner Brothers do not care about the core fan base even half as much as did New line for The Lord of The Rings. Thats the basic and unavoidable problem.

Posted by Beazle on November 28, 2010, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

I love it that they did it in two… they’ve really included most of the key-moments :D
Can’t wait for second part :-w

Posted by devilskinn on November 28, 2010, 05:54 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I think this will be the longest 6 months of my life! At least we have two movies, for twice the detail and excitement. I really can’t wait, but also don’t want to finish!

Posted by Fawkes1706 on November 28, 2010, 06:18 AM report to moderator

A countdown calendar to DH2, please? I am so glad that they split this into two. Personally, I think every book from GoF on should have been two movies to allow for character development. I am REALLY glad that they are trying to get things right. This changes in this movie were so much less significant than those in HBP. I am very pleased with it.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on November 28, 2010, 08:48 AM report to moderator
781875269_029f43fa6f_thumb

I have faith, part 2 will be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!! And to think, my maths exam is tomorrow, wish me luck!! Go Gryffindor!!!

Posted by ashim_gryffindor (Roar!) on November 28, 2010, 09:33 AM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

I can’t wait for part 2!!!! It definitly will get my heart racing and up to speed.

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on November 28, 2010, 10:08 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I can’t wait for DH2. Actually, I can because I don’t want it to end!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 28, 2010, 10:15 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

My goodness! Such pressure! But all for the fans!
CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!

20040122-hockey_thumb

I just hope they don’t mess up, chapter 33, The Prince’s Tale, AR could really make that a breathtaking scene…one of the most emotional scenes in the series!! A tad sad they left out Lily’s letter in Sirius’s bedroom, but the Sword/Silver Doe/ Locket scene was really done excellently…Can’t wait for Part Deux!!

Posted by ginger4life on November 28, 2010, 10:21 AM report to moderator

"Hearing voices no one else can hear isn't a good sign, even in the wizarding world."