Dan Radcliffe Talks About Differences Between "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2"

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
November 27, 2010, 08:25 PM

Now that "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" is in theatres, Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has further elaborated on the differences between "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2":

"The last movie is going to be really, really fast-paced and a load of action in it, and it is like a war film," Radcliffe told Reuters. "If we had done this book in one film, the stuff that would have got cut is most of this film."

However, it's Part 1 that the actor finds more appealing because it contains the most character development.

"Part 1, Radcliffe added, is "so sedate compared to what the next one is going to be like. The next film, because you've had all the plot set up already, you can just kind of enjoy the insanity of all the action."

Radcliffe also said that the cast and crew felt a tremendous amount of pressure to get the final two films just right. As a result, some scenes were being rewritten the day before they were shot.

"It was constantly moving and had a less settled feel than the other ones had had," he said.

Deathly Hallows Part 1 opened Friday with a franchise-best $125.1 million bow, winning the weekend. Part 2 is scheduled to open in July. ABC Family recently acquired TV rights to both movies.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I am so impatient for part 2, this needs to happen NOW

Posted by andarocketship on November 27, 2010, 08:36 PM report to moderator

Agreed with ^.

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on November 27, 2010, 09:13 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Getting it right is a good goal.

Posted by budgie on November 27, 2010, 09:22 PM report to moderator
Happy_thumb

Part 2 sounds amazing.

Posted by Beatrice Jean Granger on November 27, 2010, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Photo_thumb

I read the book yet again, and I can’t WAIT for Part 2! But, the slower it happens, the more Harry Potter gets to live on!

Posted by TheOtherChosenOne102 on November 27, 2010, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Part 2 needs to be here now!!!

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on November 27, 2010, 09:30 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

Agreed. I cant wait another 6 months

Posted by Sohumdore on November 27, 2010, 09:44 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

There were some intense scenes in Part 1! I guess that means Part 2 will have me chewing my fingernails to the bone!!!!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on November 27, 2010, 09:49 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

just saw DHPart One for the FOURTH time…bloody brilliant
only what? 229 days until Part Two? (don’t remind me)
cannot wait :)

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on November 27, 2010, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

I finally saw Part 1 on Thanksgiving day and my first thought when it ended was “I need Part 2 now!” My mom was the same way. Seeing it again next weekend!

Posted by mollywobbles23 on November 27, 2010, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Tom_felton_png_version_thumb

Rewriting the day before is not a good sign. lol… I just can’t wait to see the two parts merged into one film in the end, it’s gonna be so much better then… and CANT WAIT for the deleted material! You think there will be an extended version in the end? Yates said there where like 10 minutes of deleted footage, which I think would make the whole difference… part one was too much about the action than the actual story.

Posted by Aleks on November 27, 2010, 10:13 PM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

i don’t know if i like what i hear. too much action. what about the prince’s tale? that is NOT an action scene!

Posted by PensievePlotter on November 27, 2010, 10:35 PM report to moderator
Photo_1049_thumb

After my third viewing of DH1, this interview just reinforces for me how glad I am they split it up into two films. So far this film is my favorite, and I suspect it may still be even after DH2 is out. I love the quieter character development stuff. So much of it got cut when they adapted the other books into films; I’m so thrilled they chose to do things this way.

Posted by eruanna317 on November 27, 2010, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Im soo glad they were split, and its good to hear that they wont be exactly the same.. the first part was road trip style and the next one more like a war film :D sounds exciting!

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 27, 2010, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Bneerhsg_thumb

Ahh CAN’T WAITTTTTT.

Posted by AlecsWeasley on November 27, 2010, 11:20 PM report to moderator

"Have you had any thoughts about what you would like to do after you leave Hogwarts?"[br]"Er," said Harry...[br]"Yes?" Professor McGonagall prompted Harry.[br]"Well, I thought of, maybe, being an Auror," Harry mumbled.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014