Tom Felton Going Back to Leavesden Studios to Do Reshoots

Felton
Posted by: Mel
November 24, 2010, 09:29 PM

LA Times HeroComplex blog is reporting that Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) will be returning to Leavesden Studios to do a single day of reshoots:

“I got the call today,” Felton said Tuesday. “I have to go back for one more day of reshoots. So I’m going back in a couple weeks to do, literally, one more day.”

The “Harry Potter” co-star, who has spent nearly half his life in the role of Draco Malfoy, said he will return to the blond-and-sneering persona for a single day of reshoots for “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2,” the eighth and final film in the franchise. That film is due in theaters next summer; the final day of principal photography was last June and post-production is well underway. But at last week’s New York premiere of the seventh film there was considerable chatter about the three main stars — Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint – having been notified that they need to come back to Leavesden Film Studios just outside London for a bit more time in front of the camera. Now Felton is another Hogwarts student going back to wizarding school for a bit of post-graduate work.

“I knew that Dan, Rupert and Emma were called in and I was enjoying that, I was joking that, ‘Oh, I got it on the first take so I don’t need any of that, going back to do it again.’ And here I am eating my own words and going back to redo it. They just want to get a couple of extra camera shots. I don’t think anything was done wrong, they just want to cover it more. It could literally be a case of panning the shot five degrees to the left or whatever just to make sure the CGI shot work. So I’m going to go and serve my duty.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Hmm.. I wonder if Bonnie will have to go back to.

Posted by ginlu on November 25, 2010, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I like that they are being particular. I am ready to see the part 2 anytime.

Posted by budgie on November 25, 2010, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

lol, poor tom thought he was free :P

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on November 25, 2010, 10:13 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Isn’t that gong to look odd though? No way they can get the make-up and hair just the same as the last time, especially with Emma and her new pixie cut. You’re going to be able to tell the difference I’m sure and it’ll look worse than leaving it the it is. Gosh, I really hope they don’t mess this up!

Posted by Silvery Doe on November 25, 2010, 11:43 AM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

They might use the wig as part of her ‘older’ person because I heard that they are reshooting the Epilogue: 19 Years Later.

Posted by Sohumdore on November 25, 2010, 02:05 PM report to moderator

haha yeah i wonder what theyll do to emma’s hair x x

Posted by eloise.woo on November 25, 2010, 02:43 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I love the fact that they want to get it right. Emma wore a wig for the original Epilogue filming so they’ll probably just use it again.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on November 25, 2010, 04:26 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I’m glad they are thinking of making it better!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 25, 2010, 05:10 PM report to moderator
The_magic_isnt_truly_gone_thumb

so are they reshooting the nineteen years later part then?? i hope the reshot part turns out awesome along with the entire movie!!!!!!! I AM SOOO INSANELY EXCITED!!!!! plus im going to leaky con with one of my good friends!!!!

Posted by I am totally awesome on November 25, 2010, 06:42 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

I’m hoping they go for bleaching his hair again. A wig cannot compare to the beauty that is the Draco Malfoy hair.

Posted by Darth Mary on November 25, 2010, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW, I had never thought about that until now!!! but to make it look right, Draco will have to have it bleached again I suppose!!!! As far as Emma goes, it will be I think simple for them to find a wig of her hair coloring I am sure!!! and it will be definately worth it if it will make the Movie more detailed or if it includes now something that was left out!!!! I wonder maybe there is a sort of spray that can be used to make Draco’s hair appear Platinum blonde!!!! it’s possible!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on November 26, 2010, 07:27 AM report to moderator

Hi everyone!
Now launched a brand new Harry Potter website. Rare books may be taken with them. http://harrypotterkonyv.hu/a_harry_pottertitok_atol_zig_utazas_j_k_rowling_varazsvilagaba

Szia mindenkinek!
Most indult egy vadonat új Harry Potter honlap. Ritka könyveket is meg lehet venni náluk.

Posted by boros1124 on November 26, 2010, 09:15 AM report to moderator
Avery-vogue_thumb

What if after 19 years Draco decided to cut off all his hair and Hermione’s the one that’s blonde?

Posted by Averyfan on November 26, 2010, 09:31 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I sure hope he does not have to redye his hair! Maybe they can use a wig, or change his hair colour on the computer… At least he gets back to Leavesden one more time!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on November 26, 2010, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

Well, they knew they really weren’t “done” yet – there will be more photo shoots, more interviews, and more TV spots as they near the second movie. Then there will be awards ceremonies (Oscars, etc). Plus, reshoots are really common. Many of the cast and crew will be gone I’m sure, so it won’t be the same as if they were all really back together again. But yeah, this is probably a bit of a strain for them, especially with Emma being in school, but she’s probably back in England for the holiday break soon anyway.

Posted by Bless_the_children on November 26, 2010, 05:37 PM report to moderator

"I mistranslated 'ehwaz,'" said Hermione furiously. "It means 'partnership,' not 'defense,' I mixed it up with 'eihwaz.'"[br]"Ah well," said Ron lazily, "that's only one mistake, isn't it, you'll still get --"[br]"Oh shut up," said Hermione angrily, "it c