Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 17 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
November 02, 2010, 01:51 AM

There are now only 17 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"You're going to kill me?" Harry choked, attempting to prise off the metal fingers. "After I saved your life? You owe me, Wormtail!"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Malfoy Manor"

Quotedown 18:
"Oh yes. It's a copy-- an excellent copy, it is true-- but it was Wizard-made. The original was forged centuries ago by goblins and had certain properties only goblin-made armor possesses. Wherever the genuine sword of Gryffindor is, it is not in the vault at Gringotts bank."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Goblin's Revenge"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I wonder how the movie is going to play out Wormtail’s ending, since we’ve heard that it’s not going to happen onscreen at Malfoy Manor in Part I. It’s intriguing, because his death scene was one of the few places where I felt a bit disappointed by JKR’s version. It seemed a little anticlimactic to me – maybe because I was expecting something as dramatic as Gollum’s role in LOTR, since that was the obvious parallel that she set up for us by making Dumbledore’s ‘mercy’ speech so similar to Gandalf’s. I really thought/hoped that Peter would turn against Voldemort in a more decided and meaningful way than just a momentary hesitation. I don’t usually like when the filmmakers change the storyline from the books, but this is one instance where I wouldn’t mind it – a little more payback of Peter’s debt to Harry.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on November 02, 2010, 11:55 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

The final act of Peter Pettigrew underscores one of the excellent themes running throughout HP. Dumbledore understood the power of Harry’s act to save the life of Wormtail in PoA. It was that act that here saves Harry’s life – and the lives of Hermione, Ron, and Griphook – and is one more link in the chain that brings an end to Tom Riddle.
It is also one of the things that keeps alive the HP community even after the last book has been written and the final films are being readied for release; forgiveness, kindness, and love.

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on November 02, 2010, 12:57 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

great quotes!
you know what… i can remember when i was counting down from 300 DAYS!!!
wow it’s gone so quick :)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on November 02, 2010, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I loved these two Quotes. Wormtail always tried to follow the biggest, badest galoot on the block, but Voldie double-crossed the double crosser when he gave him that silver hand! Dumbledore was right, Peter did owe Harry his life, and for one moment he felt remorse for trying to kill Harry.
Griphook is a bit like Wormtail. He is out for himself, and turns on Harry, Ron and Hermione when they are discovered.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on November 02, 2010, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Izziewitch, How about seeing it twice, Once in the Imax and once in a regular theatre?

Posted by Fresca ROAR on November 02, 2010, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

So close now! :D I love the way that silver hand turned on Wormtail. It was horrible and sneaky, but then again what else would we expect? I thought it was a really good bit in the book.

Posted by Sigourney♥ on November 02, 2010, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

Wormtail was a most disgusting character to me. In the end, his fate was his own doing for the cowardice, the murders, the consistent choosing his own safety and survival over all else. By choosing to follow Voldemort he chose his path. Dumbledore’s words to Harry, when he spared Wormtail’s life in POA, proved to be prophetic. At least he wasn’t eaten by Nagini.

Posted by tealover on November 02, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Poster_thumb

wonderful quote
wormtail got what he deserved but i think a small part of him always regreted what he did

Posted by skittles on November 02, 2010, 03:31 PM report to moderator

Ahh, 17 days!

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on November 02, 2010, 04:58 PM report to moderator

^^ @2Tal: Very true. Well written synopsis. :) If that were a facebook status, I would “like” it.

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on November 02, 2010, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Wormtail, I always wondered why you were in Gryffindor!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 02, 2010, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

awesome! cant believe Wat worm tail did!!!

Posted by farewell_fred on November 02, 2010, 05:21 PM report to moderator

Good quotes. But I read that Wormtail may not die in the movie, so I wonder how this scene will play out.

Posted by Dawna on November 02, 2010, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

how different it would be if snape hadnt stopped them in poa

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on November 02, 2010, 05:52 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

I really hope they include this bit in the movie.

Posted by Darth Mary on November 02, 2010, 07:31 PM report to moderator

"Yes..." said Ron softly, "It's the only way... I've got to be taken."[br] "NO!" Harry and Hermione shouted.[br] "That's chess!" snapped Ron. "You've got to make some sacrifices! I take one step forward and she'll take me -- that leaves you free to chec