Open Thread: Tell Us What You Thought of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I!

Movies
Posted by: Melissa
November 19, 2010, 01:18 PM

It's out, and most of you have seen it by now (if the early box office numbers are any indication!) - so here's where you get to tell us what you thought about the first half of the epic finale. Share your thoughts on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I, below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Normal_dh2_articles_2011screen_0002_thumb

Oh. My. Gosh. I literally just got back like an hour ago and I’m still a stunned mess. That was, by far, the best Harry Potter movie ever. They kept super true to the book and the little things they did tweak worked fine. And oh my gosh, the scene they added at the beginning with Hermione and her parents! That was killer. I have to say this movie was Emma’s best performance ever. The scene at Bathilda’s house was dreadfully perfect. With the flies and…. ugh, I can’t even go on, it creeps me out. And Bellatrix is one EVIL woman. I mean, I already knew that, but somehow, seeing her torture Hermione on the big screen instead of just in my head was twenty times worse. I should probably stop talking now before I make my post a foot long…… I’ll just sum up by saying I LOVED IT!

Posted by Bellatrix The Strange on November 19, 2010, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Really really amazing they did a great job with Dobby’s death scene and the deathly Hallows reading by hermione was really great! The whole theater was crying by the end of the movie and I also cried at the begining when Hermione Erased her parents memories and when they were in godrics hollow infront of the Potters grave. lots of people had great costumes!

Posted by Jacket on November 19, 2010, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Luna_avatar_thumb

They did leave a lot out! INCLUDING THE RAT’S FART LINE! THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES! Thank goodness they included holey; I WOULD’VE CRIED IF THEY’D LEFT IT OUT!!!! But i REALLY enjoyed it… I MEAN I LOVED THIS MOVIE MORE THAN ANY OTHER!. I just wish the actual filming had been better, it was a little shaky, and things went too fast. but the animation of the three brothers tale was SUPER COOL! All in all, THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE IN THE HISTORY OF AWESOMENESS AND YOU ALL NEED TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so thankful i got to see the midnight show! and the fact that there were LOADS of other hp fans made me feel nice; i’m one of the only ones at my school. stinks. at least i get hp stuff my classmates dont want! :) SEE THIS MOVIE! I CANT WAIT FOR DH PART 2 AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Images_thumb

Emma Watsons acting gave me chills in Malfoy Manor!!! THE MOVIE WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!

Posted by HP*JOSIAH*HP on November 19, 2010, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Img_7310_thumb

The opening “Obliviate” scene with Hermione was really intense for me… even if it was right at the beginning, I wanted to cry. And then again when Ron asked her to obliviate the death eater… :\

Posted by emilyyyyyyy on November 19, 2010, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Img00138_thumb

It was a great movie. I loved the harry hermione dance scene, it was sooo funny and sweet. I loved all of their performances, they did a really great job. I was dissapointed about harry not finding lily’s letter. Speaking of Lily(Caution Spoiler): did anyone else get spooked when harry had the flash back and saw lily dead on the floor in Godrics Hallow? The Hermione tourture scene was amazing I was really impressed with Emma.Poor Dobby.:(

Posted by darradiggory on November 19, 2010, 06:14 PM report to moderator

This truly was my favorite of the movies so far, but did anyone catch that hermione grieving her parents became almost a recurring theme?

Posted by PotionsMaster7 on November 19, 2010, 06:14 PM report to moderator
Gred2_thumb

Ok,, by now you guys have over 90 posts, so I’m pretty sure you’ve covered everything (i just read the first page). So here are my thoughts:

LOVED IT!

Of course I think they left out all the Dumbledore’s past. Lily’s letter and photo, Harry recovering Madeye’s eye, the inscription in Dobby’s grave,,, and I still had hopes for Dumbledore’s burial. But still, I loved it!

My faves: Dobby’s sneakers and Hedwig’s death.

Also, I was nearly crying (very nearly) on Dobby;s death. I didn’t remember it was so sad…. or maybe it was me, because I had this feeling of culmination since the opening scenes.

Posted by cenyt on November 19, 2010, 06:16 PM report to moderator

I never was a fan of Rupert, but in DH he was adorably Ron! I loved Hedwig s way ,Hermiones obliviate really touched me and I also loved the Dancing in the Tent scene,because it really pointed out Harry s and Hermiones relationship.I ll be in a Munich cinema with friends next week to see it for the second time, ear,ear

Posted by Giant Fairy on November 19, 2010, 06:17 PM report to moderator
Hbp_-_snape_poster_thumb

The performances were fantastic & the movie was heart poundingly perfect!!

Posted by LegacyLady on November 19, 2010, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Img_7310_thumb

Also, when Harry and Ron are watching Hermione’s famous flame-in-a-jar…
Harry: Engorgio!
fire blazes towards tent roof
Harry: REDUCIO!
lmao. Amazing comic relief right there.
p.s. – the wizard radio sort of set me on edge too, like Harry… the sound is unnerving.

Posted by emilyyyyyyy on November 19, 2010, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Ikawalo_thumb

I loved it.(simula naman umpisa hanggang sa huli palagi kong mamahalin ang pilikulang ito.).The acting was absolutely amazing. this one was just so much more humorous than the past 6 movies.I have to watch again and cannot wait to see the second part! The part I most hated was the scene Ron and Harry argued and the part Hedwig died..(pero nakatulong ito ng malaki kay Harry)..I like the sign of the deathly hallows and the necklace of the father of Luna..

Posted by tjerriam on November 19, 2010, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Ai

Well, lets see, the film was quite good, showing all the action(sky battle,ministry,wedding,godric’s hollow,destroying the locket). The emotions between the trio was SPLENDIDLY presented. Dobby was absolutely lovable. And “The Three Brothers Tale” in animation-awesome.
Again, on the other hand, they left out Ariana, details of Dumbledore-Grindelwald relationship(it was just shown in a moment as the letter and Grindelwald’s photo in Rita Skeetar’s book). Most important to the story : THEY LEFT OUT LILY’S TORN LETTER.
So all in all, it would receive A(Acceptable) from me.

Posted by India is land of the Phoenix on November 19, 2010, 06:31 PM report to moderator

ohh and i really liked the tingling horcrux noise! really liked that they used it again and i think they used it really well! i think it will really help out those people who havent read the books. nice and simple but wonderfully affective! still cant get over Rupert and Emmas performances in this! planning to go again on wednesday. i do feel really sad that its almost over though!

Posted by Traceymmm on November 19, 2010, 06:34 PM report to moderator

Nick Cave in HP, fantastic

Posted by Leadbelly on November 19, 2010, 06:35 PM report to moderator

"I would assume that you were going to offer me refreshment," Dumbledore said to Uncle Vernon, "but the evidence so far suggests that that would be optimistic to the point of foolishness."