Open Thread: Tell Us What You Thought of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I!

Movies
Posted by: Melissa
November 19, 2010, 01:18 PM

It's out, and most of you have seen it by now (if the early box office numbers are any indication!) - so here's where you get to tell us what you thought about the first half of the epic finale. Share your thoughts on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part I, below!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Mad-eye_thumb

hahah number one. The movie was Amazing, Epic and was true to the book. I can’t wait for part two. Thrilling all the way

Posted by Matt_Serverus_ Black on November 19, 2010, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Sunset_thumb

EPIC! Such a brooding intense buildup to the Grand Finale next summer. The trio is better than ever. Now my favorite of the series!

Posted by HokiePotter6 on November 19, 2010, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Hl002-1allinye_thumb

I was a bit disappointed. They left out soooo many important things. No mention of Ariana, Regulas an after thought, no mention of Dumbledors shady past, where was the invisibility cloak, where was Dean, tonks mother and father, ect…..

I did love love love Dobby. Him and his sneakers. squee. Mad they kinda of screwed up his burial. Dan Radcliff was also brilliant. He’s such a good comedy actor.

So in a way i’m half and half. I keep reminding myself that it’s only half of the book. I love many parts of it, but some of it dragged

Posted by jedisakora on November 19, 2010, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I loved it. But what happened to Lily’s letter and the torn photo? Isn’t that going to be important later? Still, very, very exciting. I thought Rhys Ifans was extremely touching as X Lovegood.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on November 19, 2010, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

I loved it! Its now my favorite!!!!!!!! :D
I felt like it was true to the book, loved the tributes to hedwig and dobby :)
The mudblood on Hermione’s arm was great :D
I didn’t feel like any parts dragged… they got well into more than half of the book, and to tell you the truth, i wouldn’t of cared if it dragged… We also kept hearing that it was a road movie.. didn’t feel like it that much.. still lots of magic :)
Oh and the scene where they kill the horcrux ( dont want to spoil just incase) was amazing! loved it!
I felt like they kept most, like 98%, of the most important scenes :D
Still sooo much I have to say about this movie :D Not disappointing at all!
I don’t know why some critics gave it a low review, then again what do they know.
Must see, movie, and I really wouldn’t mind it being longer :D

Add me to talk about the movie! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 19, 2010, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Toby_metal_thumb

This is the first Hp movie I was not going “aw man!” the whole time to, they did a great job, really. very dark and very true to the book with the exception of the needless dance number between harry and hermoine, could have done without that. The silver doe scene went off beautifully and the death of dobby made me just as sad as the book did. I was upset that wormtail was offed so casually. for the first time, they made a change that I liked, the death of Hedwig was much more proper than the book, died fighting. godrics hollow was a bit truncated but still actually good. overall this gets high marks from a usually cynical geek, well done guys.

Posted by splinch on November 19, 2010, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Toby_metal_thumb

Posted by splinch on November 19, 2010, 01:35 PM report to moderator

As a journalist, I’ve enjoyed and covered Potter for years. In our own reporting on the opening, our online magazine specializes in religion and diversity issues. Contrary to a lot of press reports, there’s more friendly religious interest here than many press reports have acknowledged. Also today, we did a quick nationwide sweep of front pages looking for news of fan coverage at the openings. I attended a jam-packed opening in metro Detroit. Here’s our story: http://www.readthespirit.com/explore/2010/11/19/harry-potter-central-christian-crowds-great-ideas.html

Posted by DavidCrumm on November 19, 2010, 01:39 PM report to moderator
189550_1325237506403_1694877808_596389_6348223_n_thumb

AMAZING! I was a bit worried at first because of the past couple of movies..but this movie went way beyond my expectations! It was pretty much perfect. The acting was absolutely amazing! How those ministry workers pulled off facial expressions so well that you knew exactly which one was Ron and which one was Harry….brilliant. One thing I would have liked to see though..was Dudley shaking Harry’s hand. It was a very pivotal moment for his character. Other than that, AMAZING!

Posted by lindsaymarie223 on November 19, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

I Loved it. Best in the series and perfect adaptation thats how i wanted the movie and i got exactly as that
2-Thumps up and 5/5 starts. I enjoyed every second of it

Posted by blackhair on November 19, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Photo_235_thumb

love it, love it, LOVE IT ! no more words…it’s the best, the book and the movie. There weren’t so many things different from books and I’m just sooo happy because of that. love it. truly well done!

Posted by Triin on November 19, 2010, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Dsc02397_thumb

Very Intense Movie. Can’t wait for Part 2. Dan, Rupert, and Emma out did them selfs. So much emotion and passion. Thought they left some important things out like the portrait, pictures, and letters. Can’t forget the Harry and Hermione kiss. That was crazy. Dobby and Hedwig died doing things heroic. Hopefully they show more abut Dumbledore’s past in the next movie. Awesome Movie. Can’t wait to see it again in IMAX.

Posted by eimrad on November 19, 2010, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

Got to watch it once more atleast

Posted by blackhair on November 19, 2010, 01:44 PM report to moderator

This is my absolute all time favorite movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was filmed so well and sticked to the book very very well. Dobby was AMAZING! Though they did leave off a couple of minor scenes i thought it was sooo good! this one was just so much more humorous than the past 6 and i loved that about it and it balnced out with the epic scenes very well. all around PERFECT movie!

Posted by ILoveSeamus16 on November 19, 2010, 01:45 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

As always, they left out so much… Merlin’s beard I’m glad they decided to do two movies! Imagine if they had done it in just one :-/
I have to watch again but I think that it was really good when you set aside the books and the brilliant things left out.
And most of all the trio’s acting was really good! And I cannot wait to see the second part!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on November 19, 2010, 01:48 PM report to moderator

"Well -- you know," said Ron, shrugging. "I'd rather go alone than with -- with Eloise Midgen, say."[br]"Her acne's loads better lately -- and she's really nice!" [said Hermione.][br]"Her nose is off-center," said Ron.