"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Earned $24 Million for Midnight Shows

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
November 19, 2010, 09:40 PM

Variety is reporting that the midnight box office results for "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" are $24 million:

Warner Bros. kicked off what likely will be a boffo opening weekend for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1," launching the film at 3,700 midnight runs for a late-night take of $24 million.
Pic screened at a record-setting 238 domestic Imax screenings, contributing $1.4 million, which surpassed the company's previous $1 million midnight record holder "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse."
Overall, "Hallows" fell short of catching "Eclipse's" $30 million late-night record, though that film benefited from a more rabid young femme demo and a shorter runtime, as well as its less restrictive summer berth.
Warner will screen "Hallows" this weekend at 4,125 U.S. locations.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Random-4_thumb

I couldn’t get there for the midnight show, but today I get to bolster the opening weekend numbers

Posted by RaytheforgottenWeasley on November 21, 2010, 09:36 AM report to moderator
146_thumb

DH Part 2 will do even better than this, I am sure. I knew so many people that wanted to go to the midnight show, but couldn’t, because their parents didn’t want them at the theatre at 12 o’clock at night. If it had been in the summer, they all would have been able to go. I was lucky that my parents are quite lenient, and let my skip school the next day.

Posted by Darth Mary on November 21, 2010, 10:07 AM report to moderator

I’m a Twilight fan, and even I am ashamed that Harry Potter didn’t beat Eclipse. The Harry Potter series is far better than the Twilight Saga. Part II will beat Twilight, since it will be in the summer, and the very end.

Posted by Professor Ginevra Jane Potter on November 21, 2010, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Magic-book_thumb

Pity I didn’t make it at midnight

Posted by Dreamer on November 21, 2010, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Judging by the 7:30 pm show I attended, Deathly Hallows must have broken records in Canada! The place was sold out, and the people in line were all having a blast before the movie. I loved the film, and hope to see ti again soon.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on November 21, 2010, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I am so glad I saw it at midnight. The movie was great and all the people there added to the atmosphere. I hope I get a chance to see it again soon.

Posted by Figment on November 21, 2010, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

Let us wait for the worldwide gross,,that will beat twilight for sure..In my country,,twilight films dont make much money,,,it is only Harry Potter that is popular here

Posted by hermy on November 22, 2010, 08:33 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

I can bet my head that is DH1 was released in the summer twilight wouldn’t stand a chance.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 24, 2010, 06:28 AM report to moderator

"Pygmy Puffs," said George. "Miniature puffskeins, we can't breed them fast enough. So what about Michael Corner?"[br]"I dumped him, he was a bad loser," said Ginny, putting a finger through the bars of the cage and watching the Pygmy Puffs crowd around i