Video: JKR Promised Radcliffe No More 'Potter' Films; Six New Cast Interviews from US Premiere (Updated)

Actor Interviews
Posted by: Rosi
November 16, 2010, 02:40 PM

MTV has six new videos online from last night's premiere of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" in New York City. Update: You can now find these videos in the Leaky galleries, where they can be downloaded in several formats - check out the updated links below!

Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) revealed that he received a text from Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling:

"[Rowling said in the text message that she] felt I'd [Radcliffe] been very good in the Harry Potter film and as a reward for that she wasn't going to make any more Harry Potter films. I'm sure she will be writing other books but I can pretty much guarantee that Harry will not be a feature"
Of the films, Radcliffe said, "To have sustained this level of quality for ten years is a very big thing in a franchise [...] It's us and Toy Story, to be honest, and I think we've done amazingly [...] I'm thrilled." You can watch the video in the Leaky Video Galleries at this link or at the bottom of this post.

Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) asked Calvin Klein whether they would make a dress for her for the premiere, which they did. The actress said she'd have to shave her hair for the change to get any more drastic! "I wish I'd gotten to play a Quidditch game," said  Watson, "Hermione is not the athletic type and I wish I'd gotten to ride on a broomstick." You can watch Emma's interview in the Leaky Video Galleries at this link or below.

Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) spoke about going skiing and getting his tonsils out now that he is done with the Harry Potter film; watch the video in our galleries at this link or below.

Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) chatted about going "all out" for the premiere despite a first thing flight the next morning. "Those screams [of the fans outside the premiere] were literally deafening, if there were glass out there it would be cracking, so credit to all the fans out there, great job!" said Felton. Of his scenes with Ralph Fiennes (Voldemort), Felton said he was "terrified" and that it took him "a good four days to really say anything on that set, Ralph is a terrifying man whether he's doing Voldemort or drinking a cup of tea, he's equally terrifying." Watch the video here in our galleries, or below.

Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort) also spoke about the film's opening scene which he discovered as "well written." Fiennes commented that director David Yates was good at challenging all of the actors to discover new things about their characters in each film, "keeping us alert to any [of the characters'] nuances [...] I enjoyed making these two films more than any of the others". The actor further commented on the totality of Voldemort's evilness, saying, "he's like the devil". You can watch the interview with Fiennes here in the Leaky video galleries or at the bottom of this post.

Lastly, Darren Criss, who starred as Harry Potter in student productions "A Very Potter Musical" and "A Very Potter Sequel" and recently appeared as Blaine on "Glee", spoke to MTV about being on the other side of the red carpet and what would happen if he ran into Daniel Radcliffe. You can watch that video at this link or just below.

Thanks Peggy for emailing in!

Dan Radcliffe

Emma Watson

Rupert Grint

Tom Felton

Ralph Fiennes

Darren Criss

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Interviews News

Headshot_thumb

I find it cute that Jo texted him for some reason. My mom doesn’t even know how to text. :D
Great interviews!

Posted by Lysh on November 16, 2010, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

Jo is so coooool!

Posted by devilskinn on November 16, 2010, 03:01 PM report to moderator
A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

AWWW!
I LOVE JO!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on November 16, 2010, 03:17 PM report to moderator
Harry_-_the_forest_again_thumb

Great interviews ! I hope Jo continues to follow these three for many years to come ! They brought her characters to life magnificently and never once did she ever have to be embarrassed by them or their behaviour. They grew up to be extraordinary young adults. She should be proud.

I will be sad to be watching these interviews in July and realize they will be the last….

Posted by Hinkypunkmum on November 16, 2010, 04:12 PM report to moderator
30000_1505825006284_1254046483_31391768_3891451_n_thumb

“I’m sure she will be writing other books”
Is anyone else stoked out of their minds at this comment!?!
Even if “Harry will not be a feature” :(

Posted by lumoslove on November 16, 2010, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Great Interviews :D
I love that they most likely wont be remaking the films :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on November 16, 2010, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Ginny___harry_thumb

I want to see Dan Ice-skating with monkeys!! ^^

Posted by ButterflyWeasley on November 16, 2010, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

It gets even better, Lumoslove. In one of the interviews with Jo, she said she had been writing something (not HP), but she was not ready to publish yet. That had me wondering: this sounds like the book might be almost ready, but she isn’t ready to go back into the limelight yet. Maybe in a few years, she said… !!
Maybe I’m giving a few spoken words too much meaning, but we can hope, right?

Posted by Tarana on November 16, 2010, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Great clips! I wish she’d write another HP book. But I’m sure whatever she does will be great!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 16, 2010, 05:43 PM report to moderator
1171714_thumb

Who else sees Darren vlogging in the background of Tom’s?

Posted by hpiznxt2myheart on November 16, 2010, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

Ahaha, Darren. ;D Real nice. Loved these short videos! :D :D

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on November 16, 2010, 07:18 PM report to moderator
Vanishing_cabinet_thumb

hpiznxt2myheart @ Yeah, he is. :P

Posted by Sara Greengrass (S Palms) on November 16, 2010, 07:19 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

These are hilarious! I loved them!
It is surprising that Rupert decided to wear a suit instead of his usual jeans and pants…….

Harry_potter_seal_thumb

’mazing wow! yeah what more can you say.

Posted by Jacket on November 16, 2010, 10:55 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

gerat interviews

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on November 17, 2010, 07:45 AM report to moderator

Professor Snape was forcing them to research antidotes. They took this one seriously, as he had hinted that he might be poisoning one of them before Christmas to see if their antidote worked.