Rupert Grint Interviewed by the The Daily Telegraph

Grint
Posted by: Mel
November 14, 2010, 12:07 AM

The Daily Telegraph has a new interview with Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) where he talks about finishing his ten years on the Harry Potter films and what he's currently up to:

Right now, Grint is enjoying the boredom. The final scene of the last film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, was shot in June and he's since been surveying any offers with the lazy eye of a man who feels no need to work.
"There's a lot of best friend kind of roles," he laughs of the scripts coming his way. "But I'm not in a real rush. At the moment I'm just enjoying a bit of freedom really. Because its been constant work since we were 11, so its nice to slow down and just chill out a bit."

Grint also speaks about "Deathly Hallows" and how it felt to finish the Harry Potter film series:

"The whole structures really changed," says Grint of The Deathly Hallows. "In the previous films it's always been you're with Harry, then we get on the train and get to school.
"This time we've left school and were on the run, camping out in random places. I'ts quite moving as well, its always quite tense cos at any moment we could get attacked. And while Ron was goofy and lovesick last time around, this time he's caught the fear.
"Particularly in the first part, Ron's quite paranoid and doesn't really trust anyone and he's kinda jealous of Harry and Hermione. He has a few little tantrums," Grint chuckles, "which was quite good fun." Such a build-up meant even Grint wasn't immune when the tears started flowing after cut was called for the last time.
"It was quite a weird week actually, because we all knew it was coming," he recalls.
"I didn't really know how I was really gonna feel on the last day. It was actually really sad.
"We all cried and had a little moment. I think just cos it has been such a long time half our lives and for it to come down to just one last shot seemed like a huge deal, really.
"We had a barbecue and I brought my ice cream van down and served ice creams.
"I'm definitely gonna miss it."

Later in the article Grint discusses his role in the movie "Cherrybomb" and how he didn't pick that part to shake off the character of Ron Weasley:

Grint doesn't believe he needs to go all-out to change people's preconceptions.

"I don't think it'll ever be a conscious move," he says. "I did two other films last year over here, and one of those I had a little, ah, kind of sex scene kind of thing." Just a little sex scene?
"Yeah," he laughs. "But even that was never really a conscious decision, done to shock people. Its just kind of a natural thing, really, because of our age I think its part of . .
"Anything compared to Harry Potter is probably going to be quite shocking, I suppose.
"Because we've grown up (on screen), because we started when we were 11, people still think were still 11-year-olds.
"But it'll be something that'll always be with me I'll always be the ginger one from Harry Potter," he laughs.
"But I'm quite OK with that. I'm proud to be a part of it, really."

You can read the rest of the article here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Pheonix2_thumb

Yeah I guess it will be hard for Grint to continue acting, he’s not exceptionally good like Emma and not the poster boy like Dan is, I have a feeling Emma will continue and we’ll just have our memories of Dan/Rupert from the films as being their best work.

Posted by Liderc on November 14, 2010, 09:55 PM report to moderator

I love reading rupert grint interviews
he always seems so chilled out
its just nice

Posted by daldula on November 15, 2010, 03:43 AM report to moderator

He seems to be the single most boring person I know of. Sorry -yes he seems a nice person but can anyone remember ANYTHING he has ever said that is even slightly interesting ?

Posted by Beazle on November 15, 2010, 08:25 AM report to moderator
Icon002_thumb

I really don’t see how it will be hard for Rupert to continue acting at all. Just check out his spot-on Northern Irish accent in Cherrybomb, for example. Really impressive. He has superb comic timing, and can really turn it on in his performances. Alfonso Cuaron and others have commented on his natural ability. I saw Dan in Equus; he was really very good and I admire him very much. I like how he tries so hard and is so driven. :) But I certainly wouldn’t say he’s a natural. As for Emma, she seems like a sweet girl, but her Hermione is really rather like her – much more than Rupert or Dan’s characters seem like them. And have people forgotten the eyebrows?! I tend to think some people are blinded by her attractiveness and likeability, and perhaps the fact that she is the only girl.

As for interesting comments Rupert has made: how about saying that Jeremy Clarkson has “pubic hair” to his face on Top Gear? And I don’t see how a guy who has bought a hovercraft, an ice-cream van and pigs – and wanted to be a hat-maker when he was little – can be the most boring person someone knows of. He’s just private and not very articulate.

Posted by Hazza P on November 15, 2010, 11:34 AM report to moderator

Hazza P

Yes, you may be write about Rupert’s inarticularity. And to be fair, he has not always been given the chances he deserves because of the Hermioine fixation of Kloves. By the way, can you think of three better examples of just how little Kloves understands the canon, than-

(a)- In HBP, the replacement of Dumbledore at Privet Drive with a gratuitious scene of Harry flirting with a girl at a train station;

(b)- same film- Ron not being included in the final conversation -just Harry and you know who; and

©- In DH (1)- the removal of the classic Dudley line " I don’t think you are a waste of space’

Tragic.

Posted by Beazle on November 15, 2010, 03:14 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I love Rupert too!!! :)

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on November 15, 2010, 05:09 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[i]"Jealous?"[/i] said Malfoy, who didn't need to shout anymore: half the courtyard was listening in. "Of what? I don't want a foul scar right across my head, thanks. I don't think getting your head cut open makes you that special, myself."