Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 47 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 04, 2010, 01:31 AM

There are now only 47 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"Seventeen, eh!" said Hagrid as he accepted a bucket-sized glass of wine from Fred. "Six years ter the day we met, Harry, d'yeh remember it?"

"Vaguely," said Harry, grinning up at him. "Didn't you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig's tail, and tell me I was a wizard?"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Will of Albus Dumbledore"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

My_quote1_thumb

Yes every child should have someone like hagrid.

Can’t wait it so close.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on October 04, 2010, 06:57 AM report to moderator
Hermione_grange_thumb

I love that part!

Posted by HarryPotterGirl (Hermione) on October 04, 2010, 07:21 AM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Hagrid could and did break the rules, but he did so with a kind heart and a sense of justice at the same time! It was good that Harry could look back on his rescue at seventeen, and have a chuckle with Hagrid. The Durselys were abusive to Harry, but they did not break him. Good choice of quote!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on October 04, 2010, 10:08 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I love how sarcastic Harry becomes the older he gets… definitely appeals to the older readers of the HP series:) Not that I really need to have a reason to read them over, and over, and over again!!

Posted by JessSnape on October 04, 2010, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I picture Harry visiting Hagrid when they are old. Hagrid and Madam Maxime had kids and Grawp is their uncle. Harry and Hagrid are comparing tales and pictures of their grand kids. It’d be grand!

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on October 04, 2010, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Not just abused kids – I felt bad that I couldn’t send my own kid a Hagrid (and an invitation to attend Hogwarts) the day he turned 11! On top of everything else, I love that big, strong, tough, don’t-mess-with-me Hagrid also likes to knit, bake and garden, wears an apron, carries a little flowered umbrella and gets teary-eyed easily. He is so totally secure in his masculinity – the absolute antithesis of the macho bully who calls other kids ‘f——t.’ I wish we had someone like him patrolling all the hallways and schoolbuses in the world.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 04, 2010, 12:23 PM report to moderator

Oh, if only I could have a conversation like this with someone ;D

Posted by honigmuffin on October 04, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

HAHAHA :D
love this quote:)
i like the little jokes between them……“vaguely” ;D

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on October 04, 2010, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Ik_thumb

O, Dear old Hagrid. Does he actually say this in the movie? Well in about 47 days we’ll find out =P

Posted by Charissa Del on October 04, 2010, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

I <3 HAGRID!!!

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on October 04, 2010, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

EPIC!!!

Posted by MJB™ on October 04, 2010, 02:23 PM report to moderator

Hagrid- (HAG- rid) (pronoun) the savior of abused children and the bringger of hope. Though Hagrids ussally have a hard outer shell, they often like domestic mother-y hobbies.

That is what I think Hargids are all about. That is one of the best quetes! 6 years seems like so long ago but really it’s not. Just alot happend.

Posted by hp931 on October 04, 2010, 04:08 PM report to moderator

Sweet moment, shows how far they have come together!

Posted by Dawna on October 04, 2010, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

such a funny moments

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on October 04, 2010, 05:33 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

hehe love hagrid!

Posted by Sohumdore on October 04, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator

The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive... The only person left outdoors was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flower bed outside number four.