Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 19 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 31, 2010, 03:29 AM

There are now only 19 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"When you stripped this house of all its valuables you could find," Harry began again, "you took a bunch of stuff from the kitchen cupboard. There was a locket there." Harry's mouth was suddenly dry: He could sense Ron and Hermione's tension and excitement too. "What did you do with it?"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Bribe"

Quotedown 20:
"Who wouldn't prefer him, what woman would take you, you are nothing, nothing, nothing to him,"  crooned Riddle-Hermione, and she stretched like a snake and entwined herself around Riddle-Harry, wrapping him in a close embrace: Their lips met.
On the ground in front of them, Ron's face filled with anguish. He raised the sword high, his arms shaking.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Silver Doe"

Quotedown 21:
"Your wand's here, son," said Ted, tapping it on Harry's arm.<p>"It fell right beside you, I picked it up.  And that's my wife you're shouting at."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Fallen Warrior"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Iconator_c2ed1e9cae4b1bbae63bec306f83f5e7_thumb

Aww, I feel so bad for Ron. Wonderful quotes, the movie will be amazing! 19 days!!!

Posted by wootwootsugaplum on October 31, 2010, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I am so excited! Seeing the midnight show!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 31, 2010, 09:26 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I’M GOING MAD !!
NEED TO SEE MOVIE NOW!!!!!!!!!
great quotes btw :D:D:D

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on October 31, 2010, 09:26 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Ohhhh! Leaky is in italics! Cool!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 31, 2010, 09:26 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

The bit Harry says about it must be Ron to destroy the locket. Magic at its deepest … both of them grow in these acts. When I first read the DH this was the point that marked it from dark spiral to victory over he-who-must-not-be-named!

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on October 31, 2010, 10:02 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Great quotes!

Posted by Rin68nyr on October 31, 2010, 10:14 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

cool , is the count down clock a day early?

Posted by farewell_fred on October 31, 2010, 10:42 AM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

3 awsome quotes! I CANNOT WAIT. seriously i cant. I dont think I will be able to survive 8 months after the 1st part comes out to watch the 2nd part. Thats y today for Halloween I’m letting some of my excitement out by dressing up in robes!

Posted by Sohumdore on October 31, 2010, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

@Tealover That teacher is awesome! I would have adored to have a lesson on Harry Potter not necessarily an entire course, but study it academically :-)
I think you’re right! The book is character-driven all the way! That is why they capture our interest and devotion!

Posted by devilskinn on October 31, 2010, 12:25 PM report to moderator
Dh_unofficialstills_023_thumb

I felt so bad for Ron in the silver doe. He’s my top fav character tied with Hermione.

Posted by gryffindor18 on October 31, 2010, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Ah, tealover really nailed the crux of the matter. It is relationships that matter in literature and in life. Ron must have been absolutley tormented by the visions that came out of Voldie’s locket, but he trusted his best mate and stabbed the lying, foul soul within the locket. Ted and his wife are a great example of married life and love. I hope that little teddy was a lot of consolation to his grandmother. She lost her husband, daughter, and son-in-law.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on October 31, 2010, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mvvctnikjv1qcanm1o1_r1_250_1__thumb

19 DAYS! (happy dance)

Posted by MJB™ on October 31, 2010, 01:35 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SCENE WITH RON! Seriously, that right there just makes it so obvious how much he Loves her! And I did enjoy Harry’s yelling at Andromeda. The first one is ok but not my Fav :P

Posted by joeys_mommy on October 31, 2010, 01:50 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Ooooo! What a sensual moment!

Posted by Silvery Doe on October 31, 2010, 01:53 PM report to moderator

When are the LONDON and NYC Premieres????

PLEASE!!

Posted by Jeannine on October 31, 2010, 02:34 PM report to moderator

"Hermione, when are you going to give up on this spew stuff?"[br]"When house-elves have decent wages and working conditions!" she hissed back.