Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 19 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 31, 2010, 03:29 AM

There are now only 19 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"When you stripped this house of all its valuables you could find," Harry began again, "you took a bunch of stuff from the kitchen cupboard. There was a locket there." Harry's mouth was suddenly dry: He could sense Ron and Hermione's tension and excitement too. "What did you do with it?"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Bribe"

Quotedown 20:
"Who wouldn't prefer him, what woman would take you, you are nothing, nothing, nothing to him,"  crooned Riddle-Hermione, and she stretched like a snake and entwined herself around Riddle-Harry, wrapping him in a close embrace: Their lips met.
On the ground in front of them, Ron's face filled with anguish. He raised the sword high, his arms shaking.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Silver Doe"

Quotedown 21:
"Your wand's here, son," said Ted, tapping it on Harry's arm.<p>"It fell right beside you, I picked it up.  And that's my wife you're shouting at."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Fallen Warrior"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Diagonalley_thumb

Poor Kreacher, he just wanted to be treated well by his masters … I’m glad that Harry finally understood that, and I’m very happy that they become closer :-D

Posted by devilskinn on October 31, 2010, 03:33 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

And he knew about the Locket… that’s so interesting! The whole connection with Regulus and the trick on Voldemort: so intricate and fascinating!

Posted by devilskinn on October 31, 2010, 03:38 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

Ah, the locket! Its effect was disastrous for Ron. Poor, bloke! His worst fear of having his two best friends betray him and becoming lovers displayed in front of him… I appreciate Harry’s decision of letting his best mate get rid of it so very much, it shows how much sense of spirit he has and how much he values and loves his friends! And the discussion afterwards is priceless…
I love this chapter so very much :x

Posted by devilskinn on October 31, 2010, 03:39 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

I like Tonk’s parents… we don’t get to know them very well, but one can sense that they are good people. And I love it how Tonks’ and Lupin’s son receives his grandfather’s name :-)

Posted by devilskinn on October 31, 2010, 03:45 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

Me is first! Nice :-D

Posted by devilskinn on October 31, 2010, 03:46 AM report to moderator

Wonderful quotes, all 3. I’m getting so excited. Deathly Hallows, Part 1 is going to be my birthday present this year. Although it won’t be at the midnight premiere, I will still be giddy to see the first part of the finale. I just hope it is as exciting as we all hope it’s going to be. I know the movies can’t be exactly like the books, but I hope it is as faithful as possible to Jo’s wonderful book.

Can’t wait!

Posted by jimmalou78 on October 31, 2010, 03:49 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

It’s sucks that i’m only seeing it on the 26th… I’ll just have to avoid Leaky for a week <boohoo!>

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on October 31, 2010, 03:53 AM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

oh man, poor ron.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on October 31, 2010, 03:59 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

@shellymione I have the exact same problem :-<

Posted by devilskinn on October 31, 2010, 05:33 AM report to moderator

Wonder if Tonks parents met at Hogwarts, must have been difficult for them. Would love Jo to write their story, tragic though it is.

Posted by Dumblebridge on October 31, 2010, 05:51 AM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

Poor Ron, i can’t wait to see the horcrux scene in the movie though!!!

Posted by JK.jr. on October 31, 2010, 08:02 AM report to moderator
Gryffindor_thumb

Ooohh,,, when I read that part of Harry and Hermione kissing, I thought that Ron wouldn’t be able to stab it, but thank goodness, he did.. And he knew that the locket was playing tricks on them…

Posted by pinkyquillo on October 31, 2010, 08:36 AM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

@shellymione and @devilsinn: You are not alone. ;-) I, too, will see it a week or two later. We can abstain from Leaky… (fingers crossed!)

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on October 31, 2010, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

As a professor on campus said in a lecture about Harry Potter, the books are not about magic, they are about relationships. That JK Rowling was able to weave such an incredibly intricate, convincing, and fascinating magical world around these relationships makes us as readers and fans so fortunate. These quotes remind me of all of the different types of relationships, the illustrations of the best traits of our human character – selflessness, caring for the least of us, standing strong even when faced with our worst nightmares – and how they have been so skillfully and plentifully written into the pages of these stories. Actually, I think they ARE the stories.

Posted by tealover on October 31, 2010, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

I won’t be able to see the new movie until it comes out on DVD, which I hope will be very soon. But I enjoy reading everything and seeing everything about the movies in advance, especially here at TLC. Hub, on the other hand, won’t even watch a trailer because he wants to be completely surprised.

Posted by tealover on October 31, 2010, 09:10 AM report to moderator

"A regurgitating toilet?"[br]"Anti-Muggle pranksters," said Mr. Weasley, frowning. "We had two last week... Muggles are pulling the flush and instead of everything disappearing -- well, you can imagine. The poor things keep calling in those -- those [i]pu