Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 48 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 03, 2010, 02:14 AM

There are now only 48 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

And in the instant that he looked away, his eyes raking the tangled mess for a sword hilt, a ruby, she moved weirdly: He saw it out of the corner of his eye; panic made him turn and horror paralyzed him as he saw the old body collapsing and the great snake pouring from the place where her neck had been.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Bathilda's Secret"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

6095894-lg_thumb

I’m not going to forget this moment, either. It took me by surprise. I read the book a couple of times, but all the same, I kept thinking Bathilda really was Bathilda, always forgetting it was another one of Voldemort’s tricks.
I say, it’s a good thing we know Harry survives; I’m always so certain he really is done when that old woman turns into a snake (er, no, actually, the snake comes out of her…. doesn’t it remind you of “Man In Blanck”, with the alien inside the man?). Anyway; I wonder how that scene will come out in the film. It was quite scary in the books; might be even scarier in the film (that’s how it usually is).

Posted by Amertume017 on October 03, 2010, 03:27 PM report to moderator

it is so intense!!! scaring me, and making me more impatient for the movie!

Posted by wizardingwheezes on October 03, 2010, 03:37 PM report to moderator

it is so intense!!! scaring me, and making me more impatient for the movie!

Posted by wizardingwheezes on October 03, 2010, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

It’ll be pretty interesting to see this in the film xd

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on October 03, 2010, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I hated that part so much. It felt like I was acutally there.

Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

Were Harry and Hermione disguised as muggles with the help of polyjuice potion when “Bathilda” took them to her house?

Posted by tealover on October 03, 2010, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Such a scary part!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 03, 2010, 05:32 PM report to moderator
553520_488880994466250_43107597_n_thumb

This was so scary! But it will be fun to watch (I think), especially if my friend is taking her mother. She almost fell of her chair while watching hbp ; )

Posted by Asria (DreamLight208) on October 03, 2010, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

a very creepy scene

Posted by hermy on October 03, 2010, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

PURE creepiness! Yuck…

Love these quotes!

Posted by Smitch on October 03, 2010, 06:46 PM report to moderator

That scene creeps me out!

Posted by Dawna on October 03, 2010, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Hp7ava2_thumb

i cannot wait to see how they portray this on-screen!

Posted by emilykirstyn on October 03, 2010, 08:10 PM report to moderator
D96a04728a5f177c5ee0069ad7a8a8aa_thumb

48 days? Oh my goodnes…. I feel old. .

Posted by LunalovegoodsLair on October 03, 2010, 08:29 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

This will be an interesting part in the movie.

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on October 03, 2010, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

i never saw this coming

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on October 03, 2010, 10:22 PM report to moderator

"Fred gave me one of those when I was seven -- it burnt a hole right through my tongue. I remember Mum walloping him with her broomstick." Ron stared broodingly into the Acid Pop box. "Reckon Fred'd take a bit of Cockroach Cluster if I told him they were