Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 22 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 28, 2010, 03:10 AM

There are now only 22 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"Dobby has no master!" squealed the elf. "Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Malfoy Manor "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

Dobby is one of my favorite characters in the books. I love him. I love how he loved HP without any effort. I love how he risked his own life for HP and eventually gave his life protecting/rescuing HP and the others. Dobby is amazing!! Here lies Dobby. A free elf!!

Posted by JessSnape on October 28, 2010, 11:35 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Awwwww Bless :D
i love Dobby :)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on October 28, 2010, 12:15 PM report to moderator

Dobby was a free elf even before he was given clothes by Malfoy. He was free in his heart. He went to try to save Harry before he was actually free.

Posted by dilysroot on October 28, 2010, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_6_18_10_025_thumb

poor dobby :( i love him!!!

Posted by megash06 on October 28, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I am going to cry just like I cried the first time and the second time and the third time and every subsequent time I read the book. DOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here lies Dobby, a Free Elf.

I LOVE YOU DOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ve dressed as him for Halloween twice.

Posted by i_am_hermione on October 28, 2010, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Poster_thumb

thats the same quote I put for dobby on the wall paper i did for my computer :)

Dobby will live forever in our hearts!!

Posted by skittles on October 28, 2010, 03:49 PM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I LOVE Dobby! such a great line he has!

Posted by Rosie016 on October 28, 2010, 04:28 PM report to moderator

Dobby is one of my favorite characters :]

Posted by KeaHellstorm on October 28, 2010, 04:28 PM report to moderator

Dobby is the best!

Posted by glow_freak on October 28, 2010, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I love you Dobby, a free elf!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 28, 2010, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Avatar__thumb

why is it that everyone awesome dies in DH? Why J.K., WHY?!?!!

Posted by roro639 on October 28, 2010, 05:20 PM report to moderator
146_thumb

Aww, I love you Dobby :)

Posted by Darth Mary on October 28, 2010, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_boots_thumb

I just read that part the other day. I love Dobby! I wish he hadn’t died, but he died for a good cause.

Posted by hermione_jane on October 28, 2010, 05:43 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

Dobby is my FAVOIRTE OF ALL TIME (except Dumbledore, hes only a little ahead of Dobby though). He is amazing.

Posted by Sohumdore on October 28, 2010, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

GO Dobby! :D Such a brave elf :D <3 Dobby :D

22 days left!!!!!

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on October 28, 2010, 06:01 PM report to moderator

...Dean Thomas, who was very good at drawing, had put up some impressive new banners, most of which depicted Harry zooming around the Horntail's head on his Firebolt, though a couple showed Cedric with his head on fire.