Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 22 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 28, 2010, 03:10 AM

There are now only 22 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"Dobby has no master!" squealed the elf. "Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Malfoy Manor "

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry-potter-deathly-hallows-trailer_thumb

First!!! DOBBY is awesome! I cant wait until I finally here “YOU SHALL NOT HARM HARRY POTTER” with all his emotion and integrity as it will be the last time he says it in movie form :)

Posted by PotterParish on October 28, 2010, 03:33 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Ah,Dobby! You are simply GREAT!! Can’t wait to watch this scene in the movie :-)

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on October 28, 2010, 03:35 AM report to moderator

Dobby was a remarkable character. I miss him.

Posted by honigmuffin on October 28, 2010, 04:02 AM report to moderator
Ronnyhermy_thumb

I LOVE DOBBY!!! I want him to come and live with me!

Posted by ::Elfie:: on October 28, 2010, 04:20 AM report to moderator

Go Dobby, RIP

Posted by KiwiBrian on October 28, 2010, 04:21 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I LOVE DOBBY!!!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 28, 2010, 04:28 AM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Sad that dobby dies

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on October 28, 2010, 05:08 AM report to moderator
Gryffindor_thumb

I love Dobby!! ♥
but it’s so sad that he died after saving their lives.. X(

Posted by pinkyquillo on October 28, 2010, 05:21 AM report to moderator
Shoes_thumb

Chamber of Secrets was on the other day and I just caught the very end of it (after Harry has left Dumbledore’s office). Harry frees Dobby and Dobby asks what he can do in return. Harry replies with don’t ever try to save my life again. It’s a good job Dobby didn’t listen to him.

Posted by Love is the greatest magic on October 28, 2010, 06:16 AM report to moderator
287e041302f34b11ddfb57afc8048cd8_thumb

Dobby is so cute, kind and especially brave. xx

Posted by Lizzydizzy on October 28, 2010, 06:24 AM report to moderator

I saw where they filmed his burial. This will be epic!

Posted by ginnyshiel on October 28, 2010, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb
I LOVE U DOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP !i can and cannot wait to see the burial …….. but only 21 days !!!!!
Posted by farewell_fred on October 28, 2010, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Yes! Dobby is free elf! He has no master!
Why did you have to go Dobby?

Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Yes! Dobby is free elf! He has no master!
Why did you have to go Dobby?

Avatar_thumb

One of the great passages of DH leading to one of the saddest passings.

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on October 28, 2010, 11:11 AM report to moderator

"She's somewhere over there," said Ron, pointing along the shelves. "Looking for another book. I think she's trying to read the whole library before Christmas."