"Deathly Hallows: Part 1" to Feature D-BOX Motion Effects

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
October 22, 2010, 10:55 PM

Prepare to be shaken by "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" as Canadian company D-BOX Technologies Inc. announced on Wednesday that selected cinemas will feature its motion effects system. During certain scenes of "Deathly Hallows: Part 1," filmgoers "will feel subtle motion effects directly from their seats that occur in perfect sync with the onscreen movie action."

Claude Mc Master, President and CEO of D-BOX Technologies, described the support of Hollywood studios like Warner Bros. as "instrumental in our company's steady growth and expansion." A number of cinemas equipped with motion seats also featured D-BOX for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince."

Check out the D-BOX website at this link to find out if a cinema near you will be offering the D-BOX experience.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Da1a_thumb

first! Not one near me…but not sure it’s worth the extra $$ if not in 3D

Posted by Rin68nyr on October 22, 2010, 11:03 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

happy you’re back :)

Posted by Lysh on October 22, 2010, 11:09 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

hmph for a canadian company there’s only one theatre in canada with D-Box technology…. is anyone else slightly concerned that the “subtle motion effects” might be for like a minute? they can’t possibly have the seats move throughout the movie.

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on October 22, 2010, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I don’t think wiggling seats will amake a big difference to me when seeing the movie. I am really looking forward to the Part One, and if I have to stand to see it, I will!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on October 23, 2010, 05:08 PM report to moderator

Nope, no such cinema near me. But I planned on seeing it in plain old 2D anyway. ^^

Posted by honigmuffin on October 23, 2010, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I dunno, I may want to see it like that, but for my first time seeing DH, I want it to be in a normal chair.

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 23, 2010, 05:52 PM report to moderator

I saw Half-Blood Prince with this technology in Ontario, and it was truly AMAZING. The movie was 2D. There were individual controls for each seat, so we were able to adjust the movement if we wanted. It was pricy-ish. $20, if I remember correctly. But worth every penny. I’ll see Deathly Hallows this way, for sure.

Posted by cherylann on October 23, 2010, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Sounds great :D Might give it a go at Grauman’s Chinese Theater :)

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on October 24, 2010, 12:01 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

happy you’re back :)

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on October 24, 2010, 05:04 AM report to moderator
The_same_hermy_gif_thumb

Ah! I wish a theater near me offered that! Sounds AMAZING.

Posted by Potter_Puella on October 24, 2010, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

Give everyone a bean burrito going in and let them make their own! Cheaper and more nutritious!;D
Just don’t light a match.

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on October 24, 2010, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

O.o I had never heard of this thing before. Imagine watching the second part in 3-D plus with moving seats!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on October 24, 2010, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

I’ve seen 2 movies in a 3D theatre (inlcuding the part of HBP that was 3D). They have Rumble seats at that theatre, and while the seats don’t MOVE, they do vibrate at th right times…and have built in speakers in every chair. THAT was cool….but they’re apparently not doing the d-box thing there…though it sounds the same.

Posted by Rin68nyr on October 24, 2010, 05:45 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Don’t nee the gimics

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on October 24, 2010, 09:49 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

This sounds like what they tried to do when “The Tingler” came out back in the ’50s. The backs of certain seats in certain theatres were supposedly wired to give you a mild electric shock at a certain part of the movie where the doctor is explaining how you know when the Tingler has crawled into your spine!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 24, 2010, 11:38 PM report to moderator

Malfoy was looking furious, and as Ginny passed him to enter her classroom, he yelled spitefully to her, "I don't think Potter liked your valentine much!"[br]Ginny covered her face with her hands and ran into class.