Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 33 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 18, 2010, 01:08 AM

There are now only 33 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is a special double quote for the weekend!

"NO!" roared Ron, causing Harry to jump into the hedge and Hermione (nose buried in a book at the tent entrance) to scowl over at them. "Sorry," said Ron, wrenching Harry back out of the brambles, "but the name's been jinxed, Harry, that's how they track people! Using his name breaks protective enchantments, it causes some kind of magical disturbance -- it's how they found us in Tottenham Court Road!"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Xenophilius Lovegood"
"Just -- just to be clear," he said. "You want to leave Tonks at her parents' house and come away with us?"

"She'll be perfectly safe there, they'll look after her," said Lupin. He spoke with a finality bordering on indifference. "Harry, I'm sure James would have wanted me to stick with you."

"Well," said Harry slowly, "I'm not. I'm pretty sure my father would have wanted to know why you aren't sticking with your own kid, actually."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Bribe"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Is22581022_thumb

Are you guys at leaky ever going to change the photos in the countdown clock to Deathly Hallows photos? They still are from HBP and OOTP. I mean, we’re getting pretty close now! Hehe.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on October 18, 2010, 03:30 PM report to moderator

i like the first quote. i hope that gets put in the film. Hedgings are alwats good for a laugh!

Posted by Traceymmm on October 18, 2010, 03:46 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Very nice quotes. Lupin came to his senses at least.

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on October 18, 2010, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

Ron was right all the time,, Too bad they didnt pay much atention

Posted by hermy on October 18, 2010, 04:52 PM report to moderator

love these quotes <3

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on October 18, 2010, 05:04 PM report to moderator
38093_1525112213973_1419668696_2107419_4307673_n_thumb

I NEED THOSE TICKETS TOO POTTERPARISH! And I agree now that I think about it Lupin was thinking a little too irrationally. His furry little problem would have been a big issue. He also shouldn’t have thought to leave Tonks, but I see what he is thinking. He was in a way ‘forced’ into the marriage, proven by the end of the 6th book. He wanted some adventure before he went into marriage. He just wasn’t ready. I’m not mad at him at all.

Posted by Sohumdore on October 18, 2010, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

It was so sad when Lupin and Harry got into that fight! But it was for the better, still, I get very sad every time I read it!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 18, 2010, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Wrong_thumb

Less than 32 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am working on posting countdowns all around my house =P Can’t wait!!!!!

Posted by ∂ʋмвℓɛ∂σяκ31*ЯѲΔЯ* on October 18, 2010, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Hard times….

Anyways 33 Days left! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on October 18, 2010, 06:08 PM report to moderator
550090_4323789780312_303379873_n_thumb

Harry’s right! Lupin shouldn’t abandon his family like that! I’m positive James would have reacted to Lupins suggestion the same way Harry did. I mean he faught for Harry and Lily to his death. I

Posted by Ariana Devins on October 18, 2010, 06:56 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

It was totally horrible that Voldemort’s name became jinxed.
I loved the part where Harry provoked Remus into going back to Tonks and Teddy. That was the best thing to do!

I think that Harry was completely right in doing what he did — Lupin is scared of being a father, because

1) He is afraid that, as a werewolf, he might hurt Tonks.
2) His child will be a werewolf like him.

Also, I just love the connection JK Rowling creates between this book and the first. While it isn’t mentioned (I don’t think) exactly in this book, Harry calls the search for the 3 Deathly Hallows a “quest”.

Im not sure if it was intentional or not, but (considering that the owner of the Hallows was originally Death, and whoever owns them will be master of death), this idea can be connected to Dumbledore’s quotation in the first book.

“After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” (297)

This may mean that Dumbledore inteaded Harry to find out about the Deathly Hallows from the very beginning (after all he did return the first part of it [the invisibility cloak] to him in that same book).

Just something to think about!

Posted by EvilEmeric on October 18, 2010, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Ronnyhermy_thumb

I also wonder how Lupin could’ve possibly imagined going on the journey with them with his wee werewolf problem and all…

Posted by ::Elfie:: on October 18, 2010, 11:22 PM report to moderator
Hni_0001_jpg_thumb

haha i love those quotes its funny how Harry reacts to what people say

Posted by LuNa~ROAR~ on October 19, 2010, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Hni_0001_jpg_thumb

the first quotes ok but i still think the second one is just plain HILARIOUS!

Posted by LuNa~ROAR~ on October 19, 2010, 12:14 PM report to moderator

"Hermione'll probably have all the answers when they wake her up! Mind you, she'll go crazy when she finds out we've got exams in three days' time. She hasn't studied. It might be kinder to leave her where she is till they're over."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014