Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 33 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 18, 2010, 01:08 AM

There are now only 33 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is a special double quote for the weekend!

"NO!" roared Ron, causing Harry to jump into the hedge and Hermione (nose buried in a book at the tent entrance) to scowl over at them. "Sorry," said Ron, wrenching Harry back out of the brambles, "but the name's been jinxed, Harry, that's how they track people! Using his name breaks protective enchantments, it causes some kind of magical disturbance -- it's how they found us in Tottenham Court Road!"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Xenophilius Lovegood"
"Just -- just to be clear," he said. "You want to leave Tonks at her parents' house and come away with us?"

"She'll be perfectly safe there, they'll look after her," said Lupin. He spoke with a finality bordering on indifference. "Harry, I'm sure James would have wanted me to stick with you."

"Well," said Harry slowly, "I'm not. I'm pretty sure my father would have wanted to know why you aren't sticking with your own kid, actually."

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Bribe"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Book_thumb

I wonder which James would have actually preferred. I’ve always just taken Harry’s word on it but has anyone really considered it, analyzing everything we know about James Potter? I’m not so sure that he would have chosen to stay with his kid; I suspect he felt frustrated in Godric’s Hollow and would’ve preferred to be getting rid of Voldemort (looking at the big picture of saving his kid that way). Hmm …

Posted by jillians642 on October 18, 2010, 01:44 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I think, in all honesty, James would have trusted Dumbledore, and Dumbledore wanted those three to go alone. In some ways, James would have wanted Harry to have the help, but he would have trusted the trio if he had met them. Lupin promised to be “bonded for life” to Tonks, and she deserved his love and protection.

Something that always bothered me was the furry little problem of LUPIN BEING A WEREWOLF! I never understood how he expected to accompany them without causing problems with his dangerous transformation during the full moon. He couldn’t be locked up becuase they only had a tent, and none of them knew how to make Wolfsbane. At the end of the day, I think Harry was right to stand up to him, even if he should have been kinder about it. Lupin needed to, as the movie-Ron put it “sort out his priorities.” :)

Posted by Bless_the_children on October 18, 2010, 02:06 AM report to moderator
Are-you-going-out_thumb

i definitely think james would have reacted how harry did, he’d be pissed at his friend for leaving a child, he’d give him tough love and make sure he stayed with his family

Posted by minister kingsley on October 18, 2010, 02:47 AM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

James would have sided with Harry, no question in my mind. He gave up his LIFE for there to be just a few more seconds to save his son. He was very young when he died, but he had matured well beyond how we saw him in the pensieve in book 5, otherwise Lily wouldn’t have married him.

I always thought hermione should have been able to do some sort of jinx that caused them to go temporarily mute or something if they tried to say “voldemort,” sort of like the sneak pimples that she gave Marietta, but less permanent, or like moody’s tongue-tie curse for snape. I know, must hermione do everything? Well, yeah, kinda…

Posted by abandonedboyjon on October 18, 2010, 03:03 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-deathly-hallows-trailer_thumb

this is driving me nuts!!!! the midnight tickets still have not gone on sale yet but the day of at noon have so lame WB come on…….

Posted by PotterParish on October 18, 2010, 03:55 AM report to moderator
1132873536_f7c6bdf4e5_thumb

Poor Tonks :(

Posted by afdh on October 18, 2010, 06:22 AM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

potterparish same with me i need those tickets i am checking every day now.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on October 18, 2010, 06:28 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

Lupin….hmm, there is so much to say about his character. most of the time i like/love him and pity him for all that he goes through. However, it is times like these in the books that i get annoyed and frustrated with him…sometimes he just doesnt get it.

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on October 18, 2010, 07:51 AM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

poor lupin. I felt so bad for him at this part and during Tonks and his romance. He must feel so guilty for something he can’t help.

Posted by JK.jr. on October 18, 2010, 08:40 AM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

Posted by JK.jr. on October 18, 2010, 08:40 AM report to moderator

My heart bleeds for Lupin and Tonks :(

Posted by Dumblebridge on October 18, 2010, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

This was a definite opportunity to show the maturity of Harry, Lupin did need some tough love at this time, and Harry was able to provide it.

Posted by budgie on October 18, 2010, 08:52 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

I like this poster, when they’re running 8→

Posted by devilskinn on October 18, 2010, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Diagonalley_thumb

I love Harry’s reaction to Lupin’s words!

Posted by devilskinn on October 18, 2010, 09:47 AM report to moderator

I get that Lupin’s afraid of being a father, but thinking of leaving Tonks for good? Quite stupid.

Posted by honigmuffin on October 18, 2010, 10:05 AM report to moderator

...by the time she had interpreted Harry's dreams at the top of her voice (all of which, even the ones that involved eating porridge, apparently foretold a gruesome and early death), he was feeling much less sympathetic toward her.