Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 35 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 16, 2010, 04:15 AM

There are now only 35 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

Umbridge laughed a soft girlish laugh that made Harry want to attack her. She leaned forward over the barrier, the better to observe her victim, and something gold swung forward too, and dangled over the void: the locket.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Muggle-Born Registration Commission"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Obsessed_much_thumb

Imelda Staunton has said she’s proud when kids come up to her and tell her they hate her, because it means she did a good job in the movie!
Can’t wait to see more of her!

Posted by tattooed_slytherin on October 16, 2010, 09:23 PM report to moderator
550090_4323789780312_303379873_n_thumb

I DESPISE Toadface!! Amazing quotte, this part makes me hate her all the more !

Posted by Ariana Devins on October 17, 2010, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

We can all agree that Umbridge is a hateful hag haha :)

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on October 17, 2010, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

I think Ms Staunton did a tremendous job, but was too pretty. When I read the book, I imagined someone more like the little woman from ‘Poltergeist’ that savved Carol Ann. “This house is clean!”

Posted by tealover on October 17, 2010, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I hate Umbridge so much!!!! I couldn’t believe she was back in DH! I was like I wish she’s been sent to St Mungos forever! Such a Pretender!!!

Posted by SlyBones on October 17, 2010, 08:46 PM report to moderator

I like the contrast in umbridge’s character
so colorful from the outside so dark from the insisde

Posted by daldula on October 18, 2010, 04:22 AM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

Good point, daldula. Like a pretty little cake that’s full of maggots under the pink icing!

Posted by tealover on October 18, 2010, 06:20 AM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

she sewed her own poison

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on October 18, 2010, 03:02 PM report to moderator

"Oooh, he looks just like I thought he would," said the witch who was holding her lit wand aloft. She looked the youngest there; she had a pale heart-shaped face, dark twinkling eyes, and short spiky hair that was a violent shade of violet. "Wotcher, Harr