Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 35 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 16, 2010, 04:15 AM

There are now only 35 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

Umbridge laughed a soft girlish laugh that made Harry want to attack her. She leaned forward over the barrier, the better to observe her victim, and something gold swung forward too, and dangled over the void: the locket.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Muggle-Born Registration Commission"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Da1a_thumb

Great quote! I love Imelda Staunton in interviews…she’s nothing like Umbridge…but plays her so well!

Posted by Rin68nyr on October 16, 2010, 12:55 PM report to moderator

A completely unlikable character.

Posted by Dawna on October 16, 2010, 01:03 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Cool! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on October 16, 2010, 01:23 PM report to moderator

is anyone else confused by how the quotedown says 35 days but the live countdown at the top of the screen says 33?

Posted by Ienne on October 16, 2010, 01:24 PM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Does she bite it in the end? I can’t remember.

Posted by Silvery Doe on October 16, 2010, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Hp2_thumb

I love that Stephen King of all people raved about what a great villain Umbridge is.

Posted by pygmypeach on October 16, 2010, 03:30 PM report to moderator

I love her theme from the fifth movie though, SO AWESOME.

Posted by andarocketship on October 16, 2010, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Owl_bookstoppers_thumb

GOOD. EFFING. LORD.
I HATE UMBRIDGE!
but completely love how jk rowling made a teacher who you can literally debate on whether or not you hate snape more.
and wat a b***h! she lies about another person whos like begging for life…

Posted by Hermione Weasley on October 16, 2010, 05:06 PM report to moderator

I dislike Umbridge lots. I think I’d prefer dealing with Voldemort over dealing with her…

Posted by honigmuffin on October 16, 2010, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I absoloutely “loathe” Umbridge! She seriously makes my blood boil! I’m glad she went to Azkaban after this. She DESERVES it!

Hermione_96

Awesome !!!!!!! This quote is amazing Umbridge is soooooo cool I mean I hate her with a passion but she’s just such a good villain that you have to love her

Posted by Alec wick. *ROAR* on October 16, 2010, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Argus-filch_thumb

love how the locket dangles out, over the viod
also this quote gives me de ja vu of book five in potters hearing for some reason…

Posted by Mandi on October 16, 2010, 07:22 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Jo is so good at creating characters you just want to hit!
Before they go the ministry, when Mundungus says “Little woman. Bow on top of ’er head” “Looked like a toad” i was like WHAT?! NO WAY!!!!
If i was Harry i would have been so tempted to creep up behind her and make clip-cloppy noises! :D

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on October 16, 2010, 08:05 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

And Imelda Staunton is a fantastic Umbridge, i don’t think anyone could play her better.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on October 16, 2010, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Av_harrylovesferret_thumb

They said that tickets are available but I haven’t been able to find any for the midnight show! Or for a theater near my house!! :(((((((

Posted by lowlizah on October 16, 2010, 09:03 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Up in the air, Snape turned on his broomstick just in time to see something scarlet shoot past him, missing him by inches -- the next second, Harry had pulled out of the dive, his arm raised in triumph, the Snitch clasped in his hand.[br] The stands erup