Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 36 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 15, 2010, 12:40 AM

There are now only 36 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"So then I thought, I'd like you to have something to remember me by, you know, if you meet some veela when you're off doing whatever you're doing."
"I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest."
"There's the silver lining I've been looking for," she whispered, and then she was kissing him as she had never kissed him before . . .
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Will of Albus Dumbledore"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

The Harry/Ginny relationship never really came to life for me. I felt that JKR did not develop Ginny’s character enough for me ever to be really rooting for her. The closest she came was the scene where Ginny’s comparing Harry’s and Ron’s hypothetical tattoos. But having a good sense of humor and a ‘hard, blazing look’ on her face do not a fully rounded character make. I still think, based on their common life experiences, that Luna was Harry’s true soulmate!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 15, 2010, 02:00 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I absolutely adore Ginny, she’s my favourite character out of all of them, even the trio!
It’s hard to believe that the shy little girl who kept knocking things over, and putting her arm in the butter dish whenever Harry was around, grew up to be such a strong, brave, fierce, funny, kind, loyal and passionate young woman!
This part in the book broke my heart, Ginny finally succumed to tears :( Then my heart broke again when Harry’s last thought before he died (sort of) was of Ginny <3
I can’t wait to see Ginny and Harry finally get their happy ending.

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on October 15, 2010, 02:06 PM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

great quote!
i hope this is in the film and when ron walks in on them, tha’d be funny !! :L :D :P

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on October 15, 2010, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

I love the way these two interact =)

Posted by eccentricalice on October 15, 2010, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I really like Ginny :)

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on October 15, 2010, 03:45 PM report to moderator

I agree with so many off you. It just breaks me to tears this scene.
These quotes is kind off like I’m watching memories through a pensive. Because when I have read the books it feels like I’m in them and experience the same experience and feelings Harry, Ron, Hermione feels and experience. But it’s not only them, it’s every character that Rowling has let us get inside and shared their misery and pain, but also love and careness.

Posted by TheWaiter on October 15, 2010, 04:29 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

I loved that part so much! It was so sweet and lovely! That moment was great for Harry!

Picnik_collage_thumb

i love the harry/ginny relationship
very romantic <3

Posted by potterfantasy on October 15, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

This was sweet – I like how Rowling reaffirms them to be soulmates when Harry remembers this moment right before he dies in the Forest. Rowling always thinks things out so well – like making Ginny one year younger than Harry so she can’t come along with them on this journey (she still has the trace on her this year). Harry + Ginny = <3

Posted by Bless_the_children on October 15, 2010, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Ohhhhh! Love that part!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 15, 2010, 05:57 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

I screamed when I read that part, its Fantastic!

Posted by joeys_mommy on October 15, 2010, 06:56 PM report to moderator
Fantasyart01_thumb

Well, i think I might be the only one who thinks that the whole Ginny/Harry relationship was sort of false. Ginny may have loved Harry all along, but Harry only really noticed her in the 6th book. I just feel the relationship was put together out of convenience? or just sort of rushed. I think there should have been more subtle signs of how Harry felt in the earlier books that could have foreshadowed it. It was always ginny.

Posted by Sasha on October 15, 2010, 09:36 PM report to moderator
Fantasyart01_thumb

But this scene is romantic and sweet, don’t get me wrong :)

Posted by Sasha on October 15, 2010, 09:37 PM report to moderator

I agreed with Sasha on this one. There is not a lot in the books that supports the jump from the kiss at the Burrow to the Epilogue relationship. Even when Voldemort is finally vanquished, Harry passes Ginny (with plans to talk to her later) and meets up with Hermione and Ron in the final scene. It seems the movies once it is revealed what their relationship it is to be, found it necessary to add romantic scenes between them that were not in the books. I guess JKR just took in consideration that the beginning of the love relationship was just that, and more happened in the 19 years to lead up to a wedding and the birth of three kids! It was like, the ship was not the thing for her.

Posted by dilysroot on October 15, 2010, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

i can see how people complain about the the fact that we didn’t get to see a lot of the H/G development, but i thought it very true, this story of a young girl who holds a torch for her brother’s best friend for many years. he becomes her week spot, she’s actually rather vivacious and talented, but like we do so often when we like someone, she’s shy around him and so he never fully realizes this. but then she tries to move on and she forgets to do that around him and suddenly he sees it! and of course, because of everything else happening in their world, there are obstacles to being together, but it is often through those obstacles that the the truth comes out, as evidenced in this moment, which ginny understands as possibly one of the last intimate moments they’ll share. and in the forest scene, when he thinks he’s about to die, harry thinks of his love for her again. another trying moment, another truth. i think the “evidence” of their relationship is that harry grew to love her and she loved him. sometimes, when you know someone really well, you realize you love them that way. and i think that’s what h/g is really about.

and as a sidenote, the movies totally mishandled h/g because they messed up the ginny characterization. they wouldn’t have had to add extra scenes if they’d been able to keep the ones that were in the book. but they would have almost been out of place because bonnie’s ginny is really not book-ginny. they scripted her terribly though, i don’t think it was bonnie’s fault.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on October 15, 2010, 11:06 PM report to moderator

"Really, Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time... Not a week has passed since I became headmaster of this school when I haven't had at least one owl complaining about the way I r