Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 36 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 15, 2010, 12:40 AM

There are now only 36 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"So then I thought, I'd like you to have something to remember me by, you know, if you meet some veela when you're off doing whatever you're doing."
"I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest."
"There's the silver lining I've been looking for," she whispered, and then she was kissing him as she had never kissed him before . . .
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Will of Albus Dumbledore"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

How romantic.

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on October 15, 2010, 08:04 AM report to moderator

On a side note, WOAH! Only 36 days. I feel like HBP came out like six months ago.

Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW!!! A most enjoyable Quote!!!! I knew that Ginny and Harry would end up together when I saw the 2nd Movie, and book, it was when the both of them were sitting on the floor of the Chamber of Secrets, and Ginny said Harry your hurt!! Harry said its Ok Ginny you need to follow the Chamber and find Ron, and then when fawks the phoenix drop his tears on Harry arm and Harry said Thanks to fox and thats right Phoenix’s have healing powers!!! He said to Ginny its Ok Ginny it’s just a Dream!!!! Well anyway this was one of my favorite quotes, except for when Ron burst in the room, and spoiled it all!!!! Ok he thought he was protecting his sisters feelings, but anybody who knew Harry would have realized that she was not in danger, and it was Ginny who kissed Harry not the other way around!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on October 15, 2010, 08:08 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

Whoops forgive me I mispelled Fawkes!!!! anyway does anybody remember in the 2nd Movie when Fred, George, and Ron went to rescue Harry from the Dursley’s in their Flying Car. when they got back to the Burrow, and Mrs Weasley had cooked breakfast for them, Ginny came running downstairs and ask her Mother had she seen her jumper, she was totally shocked when she realize that Harry was there, and remember Harry said Hello to her, and then Ginny backed away stunned, and Harry ask the rest of them did I say something wrong??? and Ron spoke up and said No she’s been talking about you all summer, and it’s really getting kinda annoying!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on October 15, 2010, 08:16 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I really liked Ginny through the series, but absolutely LOVE her in DH. Such a strong young woman, yet very different from Hermione, who we had seen as strong throughout. Also love Harry’s witty little response, in an attempt to lighten up a very heavy time.

Posted by Lillylove on October 15, 2010, 08:48 AM report to moderator
Collage_thumb

So adorable. I love Harry and Ginny.

Posted by Storeyann (ROAR) on October 15, 2010, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Our little Ginny is all grown up! What a woman!!!

Wrong_thumb

One of my favorite moments in the book. =]

Posted by ∂ʋмвℓɛ∂σяκ31*ЯѲΔЯ* on October 15, 2010, 09:58 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts03_thumb

hope the chemistry they have in the books shows more in DH than it did in HBP…its such an important relationship they gotta get it right!

Posted by IwishIwas@Hogwarts on October 15, 2010, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I love this moment … until Ron barges in!

Posted by 2tal - SpiritMagic174 on October 15, 2010, 11:25 AM report to moderator

cant wait

Posted by Mew5645 on October 15, 2010, 11:29 AM report to moderator
Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

I’m glad for the strong young women in the entire series of books. Luna, Hermione, Ginny, Cho and the other female Quidditch players – each of them shows all of the different strengths that exemplify grounded young women. Such a contrast to many of the “media darlings” children are bombarded with. When I was growing up, it was Nancy Drew who was strong, independent and able to face dangers and keep her wits. I’m thrilled that J.K.Rowling continued that tradition. And I sure hope this scene is in the movie – these clever lines are worthy of a classic Cary Grant movie – I can see it playing out between Grant and Myrna Loy!

Posted by tealover on October 15, 2010, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Crew_bottom_thumb

well its no my favorite part but i’m waiting for the quote of hermione and ron kissing XD

Posted by Lost Northern on October 15, 2010, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

I didn’t really like the idea of a Harry / Ginny romance when I first heard of it (which was prior to I, myself, read HBP). I thought it was a bit strange as how Harry was like a son to the Weasleys and it seemed too brother/sister-ish at the time to me. However, the way it played out through the end of that book (HBP) and throughout DH, it made more sense and I came to think of it as very sweet. I think they’ll do justice by this scene. I’m going to trust Dan Radcliffe and Bonnie Wright to get it right.

Posted by sueml on October 15, 2010, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Forgot a word, that should be: prior to when I, myself, read HBP. Oh for an edit button!

Posted by sueml on October 15, 2010, 01:07 PM report to moderator

"This is it."[br] "The big one," said Fred Weasley.[br] "The one we've all been waiting for," said George.[br] "We know Oliver's speech by heart," Fred told Harry, "we were on the team last year."[br] "Shut up, you two," said Wood.