New Character Banners from "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" Revealed

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 14, 2010, 04:36 PM

The wave of promotional material for the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" film keeps coming, for WB has just released this character poster for Dobby.  Our full collection of promotional materials from the first part of the final Potter film can be found in our Image Galleries right here.

DH: 1 arrives in theaters on November 19th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

DOBBY=LOVE

Posted by aval on October 14, 2010, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Beckett_thumb

awesome poster.

RIP dobby

Posted by Mudblood_and_proud on October 14, 2010, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Awesome picture! Finally a good picture of Dobby. When Dobby was killed, it was like my heart was torn out. I loved that little house-elf. His spirit will always remain a legacy.

awwww dobby. just put this poster as my screen saver for my itouch :D I cried soo hard when dobby died. i was so upset

Posted by trumpetgirly [ROAR] on October 14, 2010, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

A free elf <3

Posted by Bless_the_children on October 14, 2010, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Dobby lookin’ adorable somehow. I love the detail to his skin.

Posted by Lysh on October 14, 2010, 10:19 PM report to moderator
Bneerhsg_thumb

Dobby<3

Posted by AlecsWeasley on October 14, 2010, 10:29 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Awww Dobby! R.I.P The poster is different…. It seems like the marketers are going at a different angle… something dark and yet simple. Not sure if I like it that much..

Posted by da_member0808 on October 14, 2010, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Hp7_thumb

As for it being rather simple, keep in mind all promotional material isn’t only used for movie posters.

Have you ever noticed those huge movie character banners that have hung from ceilings at theaters? I think some of the images seen here are for those humongous banners, not wall posters.

These intense closeups would be perfect for that use. Imagine seeing all 8 of them lined up: Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Dobby on one side. Then Snape, Voldemort, Fenrir, and Bellatrix’s closeup banners on the other side of the main entrance to a movie theater. Awesome!

Posted by AkilahSakai on October 14, 2010, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Alice28a_thumb

Fabulous. This marketing campaign is actually genius. There are a lot of people out there who are just movie fans and haven’t read the books and therefore don’t know what is about to happen (I know it seems insane but trust me I lived with someone who was a fan through the movies only and refused to talk about book 7). By making the promotional material simple they are doing two very important things:

1). keeping the tone dark and showing those of us that know what’s happening that the tone is there. They are beaten, bruised, scared. Exactly what we expect them to be.

2). Keeping it completely spoiler free. They are dark and ominous and you get the feeling from them that “Nowhere is safe” or that “the hunt is on” but you aren’t spoiled as to what is happening. It’s genius. It’s dark, its ominous, it’s frightening. But it doesn’t give anything away.

Think about the other marketing campaigns from some of the great blockbusters. The Dark Knight had some of the most simple posters out there. But they were fantastic! And that movie is truly dark and frightening.

I love it. And I love that they are including Dobby. Love. Love. Love.

Posted by beckett19 on October 14, 2010, 11:00 PM report to moderator
0322091528_thumb

kinda creepy

Posted by taoist1 on October 14, 2010, 11:04 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

awww i love Dobby!
His beautiful big round eyes are sooo adorable! :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on October 15, 2010, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

If this was on my wall I’d die of fright every time I looked at it. These posters are awful. I can almost see skin cells!

Photoshop on speeds!

Posted by Iceholic on October 15, 2010, 01:44 AM report to moderator
Banana_l_thumb

Though I’ll admit, this one actually fits the character very well. Dobby was a very annoying, in your face character. Personal space was an unknown concept for that guy.

Posted by Iceholic on October 15, 2010, 01:49 AM report to moderator
Obsessed_much_thumb

i love the range of posters and banners that have come out for DH

Posted by tattooed_slytherin on October 15, 2010, 02:11 AM report to moderator

Hermione Granger was almost as nervous about flying as Neville was. This was something you couldn't learn by heart out of a book -- not that she hadn't tried. At breakfast on Thursday she bored them all stupid with flying tips she'd gotten out of a libra