Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 38 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 13, 2010, 02:33 AM

There are now only 38 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"'To Miss Hermione Jean Granger, I leave my copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, in the hope that she will find it entertaining and instructive.'"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "The Will of Albus Dumbledore"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Really forced Hermione to think outside the box. Is this the first time we learn her full name? What’s Ron’s middle name?

Posted by Silvery Doe on October 13, 2010, 05:59 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

she kindof blew that one but they figured it out in the end

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on October 13, 2010, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Such a sweet-sour part!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 13, 2010, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Photo0350_thumb

i so remember this part. so magical. cant wait!

Posted by Polka Square on October 13, 2010, 11:51 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Dumbledore was right—it was entertaining and instructive!

Posted by hermione198k on October 14, 2010, 12:01 AM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

I love the tales of beedle the bard, not really kids typical fairy tale, and thats what i like :D

38 days left! ahhhhhhh sooo close :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on October 14, 2010, 02:57 AM report to moderator
41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Bilius. Ron’s middle name is Bilius. I just read that chapter. I haven’t reread the book and reading it now, I find myself hanging on every character’s words, especially those I know die.

Posted by Silvery Doe on October 14, 2010, 04:46 PM report to moderator

Heromine had a had time understanding myths, legends and simple stories. What she failed to get was that while myths are real simple tales they are really real tales told simply. As I remember she really did know this as in COS she asked Prof. Binns about the chamber and reminded him that myths have some basis in fact.

Posted by hewy on October 14, 2010, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Picnik_collage_thumb

interesting story, amazing how many jk can come up with <3

Posted by potterfantasy on October 15, 2010, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

this is silly, but I was so excited to see their middle names written on the page. I’m just so obsessed with these characters!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on October 16, 2010, 08:34 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

I woulda loved that book.

Posted by SlyBones on October 17, 2010, 08:39 PM report to moderator

Harry, Ron, and Hermione looked at one another. They had never seen eye to eye with Hagrid about what he called "interesting creatures" and other people called "terrifying monsters."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014