Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 39 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 12, 2010, 02:36 AM

There are now only 39 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"How do you feel, Georgie?" whispered Mrs. Weasley.
George's fingers groped for the side of his head.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see . . . I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Fallen Warrior"

In addition, here are the missed quotes from days past.  Enjoy!

Quotedown 40:
The two workmen made identical movements, and Harry mirrored them without conscious thought: All three of them drew their wands. Ron,a few seconds late in realizing what was going on, lunged across the table, pushing Hermione sideways onto her bench. The force of the Death Eaters' spells shattered the tiled wall where Ron's head had just been, as Harry, still invisible, yelled, "Stupefy!"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "A Place to Hide"

Quotedown 41:
"Undetectable Extension Charm,"said Hermione. "Tricky, but I think I've done it okay; anyway,I managed to fit everything we need in here." She gave the fragile-looking bag a little shake and it echoed like a cargo hold as a number of heavy objects rolled around inside it. "Oh, damn, that'll be the books," she said, peering into it, "and I had them all stacked by subject. . . . Oh well. . . . Harry, you'd better take the Invisibility Cloak. Ron, hurry up and change. . . ."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "A Place to Hide"

Quotedown 42:
Mrs. Weasley ran forward, but the hug Bill bestowed upon her was perfunctory. Looking directly at this father, he said, "Mad-Eye's dead."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Fallen Warrior"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

41483_1763995488_9057_q_thumb

Oh, no! The tears are already welling up. I can’t wait to read it again!

Posted by Silvery Doe on October 12, 2010, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Deathly-hallows-teaser-harry-potter-9320903-1920-1080_thumb

taoist1 My thought exactly! ….. and yeah, where can I get a bag like Hermione’s ???? LOL

Posted by somethingtolivefor on October 13, 2010, 01:40 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

@somethingtolivefor: we all want a bag like Hermione’s…

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on October 13, 2010, 02:16 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

@somethingtolivefor: we all want a bag like Hermione’s…

The_weasleys_thumb

loooooove fred and george’s humor.

Posted by fredluver14 on October 14, 2010, 04:53 PM report to moderator

“I forgot we’re going to be hunting down Voldemort in a mobile library.”

Posted by andarocketship on October 14, 2010, 09:23 PM report to moderator
Picnik_collage_thumb

George is so funny ! he can make jokes anytime, and i think more people should be like that, instead of always complaining ! people should make the best of every situation, and that’s what the twins do, and i give them praise for that <3

RIP mad eye !!! constant vigilence

i cant believe voldemort had his name tabooed ! what an idiot

Posted by potterfantasy on October 15, 2010, 04:59 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Cool! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on October 16, 2010, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Noavatar-normal_thumb

George’s quote was my favorite. It was so funny I just burst out laughing when I read that.

Posted by stregs12 on October 26, 2010, 06:38 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Interesting effect," said George, looking down at Crabbe. "Who used the Furnunculus Curse?"[br]"Me," said Harry.[br]"Odd," said George lightly. "I used Jelly-Legs. Looks as though those two shouldn't be mixed. He seems to have sprouted little tentacles a