Leaky's Daily Quotedown to Deathly Hallows: 39 Days

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
October 12, 2010, 02:36 AM

There are now only 39 days left until "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I" hits theaters!  We are posting a quote from the first half of the book every day in celebration and to give us a chance to discuss and ponder the final book as it goes to film. Here is today's quote!

"How do you feel, Georgie?" whispered Mrs. Weasley.
George's fingers groped for the side of his head.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see . . . I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Fallen Warrior"

In addition, here are the missed quotes from days past.  Enjoy!

Quotedown 40:
The two workmen made identical movements, and Harry mirrored them without conscious thought: All three of them drew their wands. Ron,a few seconds late in realizing what was going on, lunged across the table, pushing Hermione sideways onto her bench. The force of the Death Eaters' spells shattered the tiled wall where Ron's head had just been, as Harry, still invisible, yelled, "Stupefy!"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "A Place to Hide"

Quotedown 41:
"Undetectable Extension Charm,"said Hermione. "Tricky, but I think I've done it okay; anyway,I managed to fit everything we need in here." She gave the fragile-looking bag a little shake and it echoed like a cargo hold as a number of heavy objects rolled around inside it. "Oh, damn, that'll be the books," she said, peering into it, "and I had them all stacked by subject. . . . Oh well. . . . Harry, you'd better take the Invisibility Cloak. Ron, hurry up and change. . . ."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "A Place to Hide"

Quotedown 42:
Mrs. Weasley ran forward, but the hug Bill bestowed upon her was perfunctory. Looking directly at this father, he said, "Mad-Eye's dead."
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, "Fallen Warrior"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Epjpegutil31_thumb

These are great quotes. The dangers of the Wizarding War are brought out loud and clear. Hermione is really clever to have come up with the idea of the Undetectable Extension Charm. Poor George… quick thinking under pain though to come up with ‘Saintlike’ because he was now holey.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on October 12, 2010, 10:33 AM report to moderator

The Undetectable Extension Charm must be the same one used to make the pup tent into a small flat. I love magic!
George’s remarks as he comes out of being knocked out and wounded is really the truth, he is saintlike or a least godlike, being one of the Trickster Twins, who are classic heroes of Native American mythology. The fact that one of the Twins is actually killed in the book is a really anomaly of story telling or an extreme way of showing just how powerful evil is. Still, its one decision JKR made that I don’t understand.

Posted by dilysroot on October 12, 2010, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

Nice quotes! :D
I CANNOT WAIT FOR DH1 ANY MORE!!!

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on October 12, 2010, 11:38 AM report to moderator
Crew_bottom_thumb

haaaaaaaa hermione so smart i wisht i could be smart like her XD

Posted by Lost Northern on October 12, 2010, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Whoa … Quote-a-rama!

-I love this bit in the cafe. Ron’s first instinct is to protect Hermione.
-And, who can’t help but love that beaded bag? Hermione is a genius!
-One of the only serious quotes from Fred in the series, when he is worried about his brother … RIP Fred. :o(
-RIP Mad-Eye. :o(

For_your_consideration_thumb

love hermione:D
she is so organised, without her, ron and harry wouldn’t be prepared at al!!

R.I.P mad-eye :’(

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on October 12, 2010, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I love the saintlike quote!^__^8D

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on October 12, 2010, 02:29 PM report to moderator

Fred and George = Epicness
The photo is awesome :D

Posted by KeaHellstorm on October 12, 2010, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

That Extension Charm must somehow minimize the weight as well as compress the size of the objects contained within. Otherwise there would be no way that anyone could carry either Hermione’s beaded bag or Perkins’ tentful of furniture. Just imagine how much fuel the Muggle world wouldn’t have to burn to transport things if we only had this particular bit of magic! We could stop worrying so much about global warming. In fact, a bag like Hermione’s could be an alternative to traveling by Apparation, Floo Powder, broomstick or flying Ford Anglia – just climb in and have your friend attach it to his or her owl!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 12, 2010, 04:10 PM report to moderator

the first one is my absolute favourtite! I am in love with fred and george! I nearly cried about Mad Eye though :’(

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on October 12, 2010, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Great parts! Happy, tragic, blood pounding parts!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 12, 2010, 05:40 PM report to moderator

What would we do with out the twins? Life would be miserable…
They can make everyone laugh in the darkest hour

As for the Moody qoute, this was one of the scenes that made me cry when I was reading the book (Ive read this book three times and I cried more each time)

Posted by hedwigrulz on October 12, 2010, 06:10 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

I LOVE FRED AND GEORGE! Nuff Said :P

37 Days though!!! I buy my pre-sell tickets Friday!

Posted by joeys_mommy on October 12, 2010, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That quote brought tears to my eyes. The bond between the Weasleys is truly heart-warming.

Hedgehog_and_tomato_worm_thumb

Can you imagine Harry and Ron on their own? Disapparating out of the wedding with only the shirts on their backs? Where would they go? Hermione is my favorite character in DH.

Posted by tealover on October 12, 2010, 07:15 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Dumbledore, you know what [Maxime] [i]is?"[/i][br]"I consider her to be a very able headmistress -- and an excellent dancer," said Dumbledore quietly.