Four New Pages from Forthcoming Harry Potter Film Wizardry Book

Misc
Posted by: Rosi
October 12, 2010, 08:57 PM

Harper Collins have sent along four new pages from the forthcoming book Harry Potter Film Wizardry, which follows the ten-year process of making the Harry Potter films. The pages feature concept art and new quotations from many people behind the scenes and include: a page about the process of transforming the Great Hall into the Yule Ball for the "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" film;  a page about Severus Snape and the creation of Spinner's End; a page devoted to the village of Hogsmeade; and lastly, a page about Luna Lovegood and the Thestrals.

You can find the book's trailer at this link and can find more pages and images from the book here in the Leaky image galleries.

Harry Potter Film Wizardry
will be released on the 19th of October, 2010 and was written by Brian Sibley. Find links to purchase the book here on the Harper Collins website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Misc News

Img_0073_thumb

I pre-ordered this book.

Posted by deadshot on October 13, 2010, 09:12 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Wow, i love the yule ball page, i didn’t realize how much detail was put into that set, it is one of my favorite scenes, i love it! :D
the book looks like it will be great :D

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on October 14, 2010, 02:34 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

I’m in the UK but I have ordered the US edition from Amazon.com. The HP books published by Scholastic were a much better quality than the UK ones, so I’m backing a hunch.

Posted by Graymayne on October 14, 2010, 09:24 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@WeenyOwl, yes, Bill Nighy (or William Nighy as he was in those days!) did do his own singing as Samwise in the scenes on Weathertop and in the Tower of Cirith Ungol (though on the extra disk of music they use somebody else for one of the songs, I don’t know why). Bill Nighy is actually a rather good singer—if you remember, he convincingly plays an ageing rock star in ‘Love Actually’.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on October 14, 2010, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Yeah, I’m not overly thrilled about this book. It just doesn’t seem to ‘add’ anything to the phenomenon, and I feel as though it would have been better in DVD form. Know what I mean? People want to see this technical stuff rather than read about it in a simplified manner. Perhaps I’m wrong, but, it’s not the 80s – we can put this into interesting documented video form, no?

Maybe it’s something geared toward young kids – something for the classroom?

Posted by Smitch on October 14, 2010, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

I missed ‘Love Actually’ (though I’ve heard it’s a good flick) but I really like Bill’s rendition of ‘Gil-Galad Was an Elven-king’! Thanks!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on October 15, 2010, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Yes, for me it’s one of the highspots of the whole adaptation, and Bill is the perfect Sam Gamgee.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on October 15, 2010, 03:10 PM report to moderator
550090_4323789780312_303379873_n_thumb

I want to read it when it comes out!

Posted by Ariana Devins on October 16, 2010, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Img00138_thumb

cool pics gotta get this book

Posted by darradiggory on October 17, 2010, 12:22 AM report to moderator

Just got this today- it’s so cool.

Posted by andarocketship on November 11, 2010, 09:08 PM report to moderator

Dudley, who was so large his bottom drooped over either side of the kitchen chair, grinned and turned to Harry.[br]"Pass the frying pan."[br]"You've forgotten the magic word," said Harry irritably.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014