Video of J. K. Rowling Interview on Oprah Winfrey Show Available

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
October 01, 2010, 08:40 PM

Video of the interview Oprah conducted with Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling is now available to watch in its entirety right here in our Video Galleries.  Read Leaky's full and comprehensive coverage from this morning's interview here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

@roonwit — thanks for the extra vid. I knew there had to be some someplace!

Posted by Oh, Neville OoM4, GS on October 02, 2010, 09:26 PM report to moderator

Jo is such an amazing person. She’s so wise. The way that she spoke about love was beautiful and nearly made me cry. I never truly understood what love was, how strong it could be, until I found my husband and we had our first child together. There is NOTHING in the world that is stronger than a mother’s love for her child. I can attest to that. I’ve never been the type to cry much either, but I have literally wept since I gave birth to my son, out of sheer joy and the pain of feeling as much love as I do for him.

I never knew that she was estranged from her father. I haven’t spoken to my father in a few years. I have never felt closer to Jo than I did while I watched that.

Posted by Bellatricksthestrange on October 03, 2010, 12:15 AM report to moderator
Poesy_-_copie_thumb

Wow! It was such a good interview! Thanks a lot for posting it. I love listening to JK Rowling, she’s really interesting.

Posted by Hepburn on October 03, 2010, 01:31 AM report to moderator
Danielradcliffe2_thumb

Almost everything in this interview has been said before. I still loved seeing Jo on Oprah and glad that she was able to do it on her last season.

Posted by artdjmaster on October 03, 2010, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Dsc_0091_thumb

It’s so amazing! I’ve never seen any famous person speaking so honestly… she is fantastic and I’ll never stop admiring her, for who she is and what she’s done… thank you, Mrs. Rowling!

Posted by tibby71 on October 03, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

great, my stupid tv wont record, so now i can see it!

Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I’m going to watch it now :)

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on October 03, 2010, 03:07 PM report to moderator

Oprah really isn’t a very good interviewer, though. She asked some weird questions, kept interrupting Jo, and she compared herself to Jo a little bit too much. Oprah isn’t anywhere near as talented, intelligent, or wise as Jo is.

Posted by Bellatricksthestrange on October 03, 2010, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I just saw the interview, and I really liked it :)

I also noticed that a few things have been said before, as Artdjmaster wrote here.

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on October 03, 2010, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Thanks Leaky! I will watch it asap! Although i’ve already read it :p

Posted by Mr. Brightside on October 03, 2010, 04:48 PM report to moderator

Saw it on TV and again on the video (without commercial interruptions) and it was just as inspiring. And yes she is my childhood since as a child with eye problems, reading was not something I would do as it gave me headaches. These books are a god send!!! As is JK Rowling!!!!! Many thanks for all she had done and will hopefully do in the future!!!!

Posted by hewy on October 03, 2010, 07:22 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I Oprah is a great interviewer. Just as Jo said in the interview. It didn’t feel like an interview. It felt like two people having a conversation to paraphrase what she said. Which meant that Jo enjoyed the interview and didn’t feel that Oprah was a bad interviewer. I enjoyed the interview and intend to look at it many times more because I enjoyed the way the two of them seemed to click. They may have talked over each other like two friends who are excited about something that they have in common – and that is to mean- two intelligent women who have come from rags to riches and who are very charitable. It’s not a contest but an enjoyment- sort of like HP going to Hogwarts for the first time .

Posted by molly43 on October 03, 2010, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

glad someone posted

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on October 03, 2010, 10:17 PM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

I have to admit I was dissapointed with this, it was not what I thought it was going to be. Still interesting to hear such candid conversation between the two.

Posted by Rosie016 on October 05, 2010, 05:43 PM report to moderator

"Hagrid!" Hermione shouted, pounding on his front door. "Hagrid, that's enough! We know you're in there! Nobody cares if your mum was a giantess, Hagrid! You can't let that foul Skeeter woman do this to you! Hagrid, get out here, you're just being --"