Video of J. K. Rowling Interview on Oprah Winfrey Show Available

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
October 01, 2010, 08:40 PM

Video of the interview Oprah conducted with Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling is now available to watch in its entirety right here in our Video Galleries.  Read Leaky's full and comprehensive coverage from this morning's interview here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Fantastic Leaky staff, thanks and well done!! Amazing to get it posted so quickly and a genuinely good interview and programme.

Posted by rotfang07 on October 02, 2010, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Note there are links to some extra footage on the show’s website at

Posted by roonwit on October 02, 2010, 10:15 AM report to moderator
Neville-poster_thumb

Oprah is not my favorite interviewer. She got too whiny and sappy about the “travails of being rich.” But that’s not JKR’s fault. I hope she does write more HP books someday. That would be great.

Posted by Nevilla on October 02, 2010, 10:37 AM report to moderator

Oh Jo ,i wish you would write at least one more book and put us out of our misery.Your honesty is so refreshing.x

Posted by azna70 on October 02, 2010, 11:43 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

wonderful interview! love the fact that Jo talked so much more than Oprah,which is not always the case with Oprah. It feels so great to hear from her again. and it just feels like it isn’t over. I’m 20 now, and I really hope,that in 10 years or so, Jo announces new HP journey. I’d probably be the happiest 30-year-old on the planet. sadly,we didn’t find out about her upcoming books. nor did Oprah mentioned any fan stories. and I’m sure she received about 100 000 emails. thank you Jo,I really hope I’ll meet you someday. it must be the best feeling in the world,meeting your hero.

Posted by Matea on October 02, 2010, 12:11 PM report to moderator

It was a really good interview. I was really hoping for some news on what she’s writing now and how it’s coming along. She did mention something about an encyclopedia, a children’s book, and a mystery a few years ago. I’m guessing she might publish the last 2 under a pen name if she finished them, but I know we all would like to know about the HP encyclopedia.

Posted by Ratorr on October 02, 2010, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

Saw it! Great! J.K. Rowling is awesome!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on October 02, 2010, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I’ve taped it but I haven’t watched it yet! can’t wait to see it!

Posted by Jacket on October 02, 2010, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Torbitinglisalittle_thumb

Almost daily, I ask myself, what would Harry Potter do. After the interview, I realize I am really asking what would J.K. Rowling do. She has such wisdom, courage and integrity. Can’t decide on a favorite bit. It was all good.

Posted by lisamiamoore on October 02, 2010, 04:23 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Thanks you very much leaky! I kept looking for this!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on October 02, 2010, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Sales_calendars_2011_042_thumb

Thanks a lot Leaky !!

Posted by hermy on October 02, 2010, 06:14 PM report to moderator
Spade_a_thumb

It was a really good interview to watch. And, I’m expecting another great book by Jo.

Posted by Blutiful on October 02, 2010, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

Awesome!

@akcorr — Thank you, thank you, thank you for uploading! For some reason, I couldn’t “get” the entire interview from the Leaky — it kept stopping at +/-12 minutes, complete with the “share” and “replay” buttons.

And it was a wonderful interview. Oprah interrupted too much, but JKR still got her words out. Much respect for JKR.

Posted by Oh, Neville OoM4, GS on October 02, 2010, 09:07 PM report to moderator

For someone who doesn’t feel at ease with public speaking, Jo always does a fabulous job! Great interview!

Posted by Jillxoxo on October 02, 2010, 09:17 PM report to moderator

"If being good at Divination means I have to pretend to see death omens in a lump of tea leaves, I'm not sure I'll be studying it much longer! That lesson was absolute rubbish compared with my Arithmancy class!"