Video of J. K. Rowling Interview on Oprah Winfrey Show Available

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
October 01, 2010, 08:40 PM

Video of the interview Oprah conducted with Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling is now available to watch in its entirety right here in our Video Galleries.  Read Leaky's full and comprehensive coverage from this morning's interview here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

_r9kau7w_thumb

thanks leaky!!! i was only able to catch half of the interview! this is lovely. :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on October 02, 2010, 01:42 AM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

I uploaded these to YT in 720p for all my fellow HP/JK fans!

Part 1 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHVy_50IIE

Part 2 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow0_H7as1g8

Part 3 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp15OXgFad8

Part 4 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omtUS5qnGag

Part 5 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veZ9n6wVKxQ

Part 6 – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp4lWsJn29k

Posted by akcorr on October 02, 2010, 01:58 AM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

Yay! I was out today and totally missed it. I absolutely adore her. It was so nice to listen to her speak again. I wish I could tell her what the books mean to me, but for some reason I can’t even send a letter. I always feel so weird about fan mail, so I never send it. Maybe one day.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on October 02, 2010, 02:35 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I’ve just looked at the taping of The Oprah Winfrey Show and could not stop smiling, shaking my head in agreement, tearing and being overjoyed at the things they said and the bond that Oprah and JKR shared. I had often thought of writing to the two of them and saying tht they should talk to each other because they are so alike in so many ways. Today is a day that I never thought I’d see. I was really excited when JKR said that she would not rule out a sequel to HP. She didn’t say that she would write one but she would not say tht she would not. I hope they make a DVD of the show so I can take it with me wherever I go. I loved the interview, the beautiful views of Scotland and the insert clips. Thanks Leaky for letting me know about the interview.

Posted by molly43 on October 02, 2010, 02:39 AM report to moderator

Thank you for posting this!!!! I had to pick the kids up at school when it was on TV here. Jo and Oprah seem like kindred souls!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on October 02, 2010, 02:45 AM report to moderator
Dsc02397_thumb

After watching this I went back and read a couple of chapter of the first book to see if I could catch any of her struggle in the words. I did but I think I could pull anything out of her words.

Posted by eimrad on October 02, 2010, 03:22 AM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

I loved the way Jo questioned Oprah! And her shoes were just amazing!
But I think she didn’t reveal anything we didn’t already know, did she?

Posted by Despina on October 02, 2010, 04:20 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Thank you so much Leaky for getting this in your video galleries! I loved the interview! It was so nice to see these two awe inspiring people talk to each other

Posted by hermione198k on October 02, 2010, 04:54 AM report to moderator

You guys are awesome! Thank you =D

Posted by honigmuffin on October 02, 2010, 05:45 AM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

I cried when she was talking about dedication of the 7th book and that girl coming up to her and saying: “You are my childhood!”
My favourite interview ever!!!

Posted by Petra on October 02, 2010, 07:05 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Wow! It really was amazing!!! :)
it’s quite hard to believe that i

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on October 02, 2010, 07:39 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Wow! It really was amazing!!! :)
it’s quite hard to believe that i

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on October 02, 2010, 07:39 AM report to moderator
For_your_consideration_thumb

Wow! It really was amazing!!! :)
It’s quite hard to believe that if JK Rowling hadn’t have got on that train, Harry Potter might not have been here today!

A whole new world has been created from just the mind of 1 person!!
JK Rowling……….. you are amazing!! :):)

Posted by Harrypotterultrafan on October 02, 2010, 07:42 AM report to moderator

Its on my DVR…cant wait to see it!

Posted by Dawna on October 02, 2010, 08:24 AM report to moderator

My family usually teases me about my love of Harry Potter, but as I was watching this, they all slowly came in and sat down and watched it with me and afterwards we all sat around and talked about JK, her struggles, and the books. The best part was when my brother quoted her Harvard speech and how rock bottom became the solid foundation she built her new life on – he really took it to heart. That’s why I love JK – she can bring people together and touch them in ways that’ll she never even know about.

Posted by glow_freak on October 02, 2010, 09:41 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Harry pulled off the cloak and seized the letter. Written in narrow, loopy writing he had never seen before were the following words: [i]Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well.[/i]