Video of J. K. Rowling Interview on Oprah Winfrey Show Available

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
October 01, 2010, 08:40 PM

Video of the interview Oprah conducted with Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling is now available to watch in its entirety right here in our Video Galleries.  Read Leaky's full and comprehensive coverage from this morning's interview here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Tumblr_lp9f45jqbm1r0sjoeo1_500_large_thumb

saw it, was awesome!

Posted by aval on October 01, 2010, 09:13 PM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

Thank you thank you thank you Leaky! I’m going to watch it now, yay!

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on October 01, 2010, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

I love J.k Rowling and oprah together!!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on October 01, 2010, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Great! Thanks, Leaky! I saw the interview today, but this is awesome!!!

One thing I loved about the interview was the fact that, for once, Oprah was interviewing a PEER — another woman who has had the same level of success that she has. I think Jo is a total class act. :o)

Water_lilies_thumb

Thank you so much Leaky!! I wouldn’t have gotten to see this otherwise and I am so excited. You guys are the best! :-D!!

Posted by sgreeter8888 on October 01, 2010, 10:05 PM report to moderator

Ah! Thanks Leaky! Now I can watch it again and catch everything I missed!

Posted by ElphabaROCKS on October 01, 2010, 10:16 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

Notslytherin i agree with you so much. I loved the interview i was awesome.

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on October 01, 2010, 10:30 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Thanks guys. i was looking forward for it since ages.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on October 01, 2010, 10:35 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

excellent — a woman of real practical wisdom. I really enjoyed the interview

Posted by wordsaremagic on October 01, 2010, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Bneerhsg_thumb

I love her so much.

Posted by AlecsWeasley on October 01, 2010, 11:10 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

_

Posted by SlyBones on October 01, 2010, 11:30 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Just finished watching. I think I liked the last part of the interview the best where they talked about their common ground. Very interesting.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on October 01, 2010, 11:45 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

i cant wait to watch it

Posted by athena lupin on October 02, 2010, 12:28 AM report to moderator

wow Jk Rowling is amazing!! I could honestly listen to her talk all day..I love how she is so passionate in everything she talks about. Such a great role model!

Posted by Gingergirl26 on October 02, 2010, 12:45 AM report to moderator
354970789b_thumb

I just finished watching it too. It was fantastic! Jo spoke so openly and honestly, it was absolutely fascinating and made me cry quite a few times. What a wonderful, beautiful woman she is!
I LOVED the last bit where Jo said that a fan came up to her and told her that she was her childhood. I desperately wish i’d read the books when i was a child, i was 9 when Philosophers Stone came out and i know i would have adored it! Whenever i read the books now i pretend i’m that 9 year old girl who loved magic, goblins and fairies. The writer i associate my childhood with is Roald Dahl, but i know for sure that i will be reading the Harry Potter books for the rest of my life, to my children, then to my grandchildren. I wish i could tell her how much her books mean to me.
Thank you Leaky, thank you Oprah for asking such interesting and engaging questions and thank you (from the very bottom of my heart) J.K Rowling <3

Posted by Vicki_The_House_Elf *ROAR* ϟ on October 02, 2010, 01:01 AM report to moderator

"Leave him alone," Lily repeated. She was looking at James with every sign of great dislike. "What's he done to you?"[br]"Well," said James, appearing to deliberate the point, "it's more the fact that he [i]exists[/i], if you know what I mean..."