Timothy Spall Snags Souvenir From Hallows Film Set

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
January 04, 2010, 01:17 PM

An article from WENN reports that, upon finishing filming his part in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," Timothy Spall took a prosthetic ear from the set as a memento of his time in the films. Spall, who has played the part of Peter Pettigrew since 2004, is quoted in the article:

"I lifted a prosthetic ear while filming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It's strictly frowned upon, but it was too good to pass by. It will live on a shelf at home. If they're truthful, most performers try to get a souvenir from every job they do."
Thanks to Portkey.it for the tip.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Images_thumb

Haha!! Thats funny, at least he is honest.

Posted by Swizzle on January 05, 2010, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

I wonder if they worry that actors will try to sell the souvenirs they nick for profit to crazy fans. I don’t see any other reason to not let them all have souvenirs.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on January 05, 2010, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

I also wonder if it is a worm tail ear or another character’s ear. Who wears prosthetic ears besides worm tail or the gringotts goblins?

Posted by sgreeter8888 on January 05, 2010, 01:26 PM report to moderator

I know at the end of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the actors were presented with props from the movie to take home as souvenirs. Viggo Mortensen got Aragorn’s sword, Elijah Wood and Andy Serkis both got a “One Ring”. John Rhys-Davies was presented with his last face prosthetic to burn (which he immediately and gleefully did).

Hopefully, the cast of Harry Potter will be presented with something that is special to their characters: Harry’s glasses, their wand, etc.

And yes, it is so SAD to hear about the actors finishing up their filming on the movies. So bittersweet: I want to see the Deathly Hallows movies, but I don’t want it to end!

Posted by jimmalou78 on January 05, 2010, 03:29 PM report to moderator

I’d want the sorting hat or a complete Hogwarts uniform. Of course, I’d have to wait until all the shooting for both DH films were done. I’d like to find out what Dan, Rupert and Emma are getting as a souvenir…

Posted by The Pure-Blood Prince on January 05, 2010, 05:07 PM report to moderator

It’d be a great conversation starter. Someone walks in and just sees an ear on your cupboard. Of course if they thought it was a real one, alot of your friends would probably leave.

Anyway, i think an ear is the most creative thing you could take.

Posted by Dobby1895 on January 05, 2010, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Cool, thats interesting. But an ear???

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on January 06, 2010, 12:49 AM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_15_thumb

did anybody at ALL think that it might be freeds ear??!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by harraí on January 06, 2010, 02:47 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

ohh and @harrai, looking at wormtail’s ears in the movies i think it would probably be one of his own prosthetic ears, they don’t need a prosthetic ear for George, they would need to make it look like he has a hole in the side of his head :)

Posted by bec majec *roar* on January 06, 2010, 06:24 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Wormtail!!!! You naughty boy.

Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

wait an ear?!?!?!? why would he want an ear?

Posted by The Nerd on January 06, 2010, 08:54 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

I do believe that after all these years, that each of the actors will get something to remind them of the characters they played.

Posted by beewell on January 06, 2010, 09:31 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I’m sure if any of us were in that position we probably would have wanted a small souvenir also. Although I am sure many would claim to be too honest to do such a thing. I am glad he got something for a memento.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on January 06, 2010, 09:44 AM report to moderator

Well, they all deserve something of the set, costume or accessories as a rememberance. As for me I would love to have one of the goblets that are sitting on the table in GOF.

Posted by hewy on January 06, 2010, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Woo! Go him! I would so steal, ahem, borrow something if I was there :L

"Harry, just go down to the lake tomorrow, right, stick your head in, yell at the merpeople to give back whatever they've nicked, and see if they chuck it out. Best you can do, mate."