Timothy Spall Snags Souvenir From Hallows Film Set

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
January 04, 2010, 01:17 PM

An article from WENN reports that, upon finishing filming his part in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," Timothy Spall took a prosthetic ear from the set as a memento of his time in the films. Spall, who has played the part of Peter Pettigrew since 2004, is quoted in the article:

"I lifted a prosthetic ear while filming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It's strictly frowned upon, but it was too good to pass by. It will live on a shelf at home. If they're truthful, most performers try to get a souvenir from every job they do."
Thanks to Portkey.it for the tip.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Muahaha_thumb

Hehe, busted! He’s sure to get an e-mail from Heyman saying “Gimme that ear back!”

Posted by ScottMan on January 04, 2010, 07:15 PM report to moderator

Taking the ear is interesting choice. It must be the ear that he used when morphing from wizard to rat and vise versa.

Posted by hrhgnl on January 04, 2010, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I don’t blame him for snagging something… I would too. haha Silly Wormtail!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on January 04, 2010, 08:54 PM report to moderator

Didn’t Shia LeBeouf get into heaps of trouble for nicking from the Indiana Jones set? Unless with permission, it’s theft. Regardless of how cool a job it is, that stuff belongs to the studio.

Posted by Britt on January 04, 2010, 08:57 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I would have “taken” a souvenier as well! OF COURSE!!! I think I’ll choose Rupert as my souvenier :)

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on January 04, 2010, 09:15 PM report to moderator

It would have been cooler if he had taken a finger…

Posted by Kayla Watson on January 04, 2010, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

I am also wondering if it was a wormtail ear or some other ear. Who wears prosthetic ears in the film other than the gringotts goblins?

Posted by sgreeter8888 on January 04, 2010, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Img_2115picnic_thumb

Ha, they should give the actors something. I mean, unless it’s going to be used in a later movie (which, um, no because this is the last one!) why not let the actor take it? Plus, I don’t think they will ever need an ear again…or a wand…

Posted by phoenixortheflame on January 04, 2010, 09:22 PM report to moderator

interestin an ear…..hahahahahHaha

Posted by Malfoyluva on January 04, 2010, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Avatars_actor_trio_august_001_thumb

the trio should get tattoos like the actors portraying the Fellowship in Lord of the Rings….maybe a lightning bolt? or their character’s patronuses…..

Posted by PkRae210 on January 04, 2010, 10:04 PM report to moderator
Wallpaper_7_thumb

loves it. i want everything ever seen on set. >:D

Posted by Marcus(HBP) on January 05, 2010, 03:57 AM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

I’m betting that all actors take something from the set. I like the fact that he admitted it!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on January 05, 2010, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Normal_knitted_dobbysocks_prokyon_thumb

haha thats awesome!

Posted by pottersocks on January 05, 2010, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Well done, Tim! Interesting choice, a prosthetic ear.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on January 05, 2010, 06:58 AM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

so cool

Posted by LilLadySnape on January 05, 2010, 07:16 AM report to moderator

"Tell yeh what, I'll get yer animal. Not a toad, toads went outta fashion years ago, yeh'd be laughed at -- an' I don' like cats, they make me sneeze. I'll get yer an owl. All the kids want owls, they're dead useful, carry yer mail an' everythin'"