Matt Lewis Appears on BBC's Celebrity Mastermind (Updated)

Lewis
Posted by: Edward
January 04, 2010, 04:14 PM

This evening in the UK, actor Matt Lewis (Neville Longbottom) made an appearance on the BBC One quiz show "Celebrity Masterminds" to play for the CAFOD charitable organization.  This UK-based charity works to aid those suffering in poverty around the world by working with "poor and disadvantaged communities in the global South to overcome poverty and bring about sustainable development and well-being." The venerable UK quiz show featured Mr. Lewis along with actors Stewart Lee, John Thomson, and Sascha Kindred answering a number of questions on a particular subject.  Mr. Lewis scored a total of 22 points answering questions about the UK band Oasis.

During the program, Matt Lewis spoke briefly on the subject of filming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," as well as the changes of his character for the final film.  Quoteage:
John Humphrys: You're doomed to be known as Harry Potter's sidekick, are't you? I mean that's got to be the case.
Matt Lewis: I'm quite lucky really, in terms of my character is - well I'd like to think that he looks quite a bit different to me. I have to wear a fat suit in the films and my hair is much longer.
John: You do look a bit pudgier in the films, it must be said.
Matt: Well I've got rid of the fat suit in the film, I won't be wearing it this year."
John: Really? Why's that?
Matt: In the book he sort of becomes a bit of a resistance leader, he's leading Dumbledore's Army, so yeah, a bit of evolution throughout the series.
Readers in the UK are able to watch this episode "Celebrity Masterminds" on the BBC iPlayer via this link.

Update:  Video of Mr. Lewis on the quiz show can now be viewed right here in our video galleries.

Many thanks to Jonathan and Nelly for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Lewis News

Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

I really do hope that Matt isn’t forever typecast, but I guess if you have to be typecast, what a series to forever be remembered for.
I am glad to see that he was on Celebrity Mastermind and for such a good cause. It seems to me that most of the actors from the Potter films are so down to earth, and very giving of themselves to various charitable organizations. Good for Matt!!!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on January 05, 2010, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Well done Matt!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on January 05, 2010, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Dansk-flag_thumb

Politics Daily contributor Matt Lewis appeared on MSNBC on Tuesday to discuss the legality of certain aspects of the Senate’s health care reform bill and the backlash that the bill is seeing in key constituencies.

Posted by cigarettes on January 05, 2010, 06:52 PM report to moderator

I love the way his character has evolved. He has turned out to be quite the hero! I only hope they do justice to him in the movies. He has grown up to quite a handsome young man!

Posted by hewy on January 05, 2010, 11:28 PM report to moderator

Matt did OK on Oasis. I used to like them until I banned them. It was good to see him on TV, though. Not to blow my own Trumpet, but I beat John Thomson on his specialist subject of James Bond Villains. Doddle.

Posted by The Flying Lemon on January 06, 2010, 12:55 AM report to moderator
405-45_thumb

It’s amazing of how much his character is shown. Just when you think you know someone, they totally show their real selves.

Posted by Aira Bellerose on January 06, 2010, 01:44 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Haha, a fat suit like Santa…

Posted by All Was Well on January 06, 2010, 04:21 AM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

cool. its great he does things like that

Posted by MaggieNoise on January 06, 2010, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I heart Matt Lewis (and Neville, of course)!

Iconator_7fa3cb670bce345350cd6832b9b7b562_thumb

He did really well! :D

Posted by DracoRox *ROAR* on January 06, 2010, 07:46 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Matt is just sooo amazing. I love how he is sooo devoted to the books!!!

Posted by The Nerd on January 06, 2010, 09:02 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

NOOOO!! I actually thought ‘Should I watch it?’ and then was like ‘Naaah! They usually don’t have very good celebrities!!’ Why, why, why?!?!

Bildschirmfoto_2013-01-31_um_11

I wish I had the chance to see it.

Posted by Spinner's End ^HISS^ (ITC) on January 07, 2010, 07:15 AM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Well, at least he didn’t come in last with 14 points, lol. Some of those general knowledge questions were tough. :D

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on January 07, 2010, 06:35 PM report to moderator
Lunalovegood1323_thumb

The guy who came last wasn’t… the brightest of sparks, to be polite. Me saw it on TV, muahahaha.

Posted by suspectnargles on January 08, 2010, 08:15 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Harry, we saw Uranus up close!" said Ron, still giggling feebly. "Get it, Harry? We saw Uranus -- ha ha ha --"[br]A bubble of blood grew at the corner of Ron's mouth and burst.