New Harry Potter LEGO Video Game Trailer, Screenshots, First Look; May 2010 Release Date

Video Games
Posted by: Edward
January 29, 2010, 05:01 PM

IGN has posted a first look at the LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 - 4 video game, which included a series of six new screenshots and a third trailer featuring new clips and spells from the game.  Most interestingly, the trailer for the video game, which can be seen here in our Video Galleries, gives the release date for the game as May.  This date is later than original estimates that placed release for the game earlier in the spring.  The minute and a half long trailer, gives us a fair few new looks at scenes involving the Chamber of Secrets, Whomping Willow, flight to Hogwarts, and more.  Images from the game let us see detailed looks at such places as the Common Room, Chamber of Secrets entrance, and Quidditch.  The full series of stills can be found here.

As part of the first look, IGN relates that the game will allow gamers to "switch around onscreen characters at will."  The report continues:
Thing is, these wizards all have different talents and magic. Young Harry's pretty weak in terms of spells and such, Hermione isn't the best broom rider (she'll spin around in a circle during that first lesson if you take control of her), and Hagrid's umbrella can only do so much. Luckily, there are more than 100 characters unlock and play as – villains included – so it should be interesting to see who rounds out the roster and just how powerful they are. Thing is, these wizards all have different talents and magic. Young Harry's pretty weak in terms of spells and such, Hermione isn't the best broom rider (she'll spin around in a circle during that first lesson if you take control of her), and Hagrid's umbrella can only do so much. Luckily, there are more than 100 characters unlock and play as – villains included – so it should be interesting to see who rounds out the roster and just how powerful they are.
The full first look is available to read here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Earthforeverava_thumb

I can’t wait for the game to come. Lego rocks!

Posted by leigia on January 30, 2010, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Darn… I thought it was supposed to come out in February! Oh well, still going to get it though… it sounds like so much fun!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on January 30, 2010, 07:06 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Darn, I thought it would be out by mid-February. Still, I can’t wait for it.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on January 30, 2010, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I just read the blog on their site. It’s really comforting how they want to recreate the HP world in order for fans to feel right at home. Maybe this will achieve what the other HP games haven’t managed to do?

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on January 30, 2010, 08:03 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

thats cool. id love 2 play as a bad character. draco or sum1. and y is the text repeating itself?

Posted by MaggieNoise on January 30, 2010, 08:27 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

i love it! maybe i’ll have to get it for my nintendo ds :)

Posted by harrygetsme on January 31, 2010, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

Sounds interesting. I wonder what Snape will be like to play with?

Posted by Bara on January 31, 2010, 02:45 AM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

seems like mostly/all year two clips.

Posted by friendofblob on January 31, 2010, 03:14 AM report to moderator
Dscf1325_thumb

I’m so excited!! I wish it would come out sooner, but then again, I want them to make it as good as possible! I can’t wait!!!! ;o)

Posted by lunapeeves on January 31, 2010, 04:32 AM report to moderator
Rose1_thumb

Hahaha!! It’s hilarious! LoL

Posted by Liara on January 31, 2010, 06:37 AM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

cool :D

Posted by vintervarg on January 31, 2010, 06:38 AM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

Man, I am so excited for this :)
Guess what I’m buying as soon as it comes out, my brother will never get his x-box back!

Posted by Sauvium ROAR!? on January 31, 2010, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

May?? My birthday is in March! I thought it would be in time for my birthday! :( Oh well, I’ll have to get it by a different way.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on January 31, 2010, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

The game looks like it will prove to be a wonderful experience for all Harry Potter fans.

Posted by Kirk on January 31, 2010, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Luna_thumb

i love lego games! ha ha

Posted by LittleLoony♥ʎuool ǝlʇʇıl {WBM!} on January 31, 2010, 11:30 AM report to moderator

"Don't you [i]care[/i] about Gryffindor, do you [i]only[/i] care about yourselves, [i]I[/i] don't want Slytherin to win the house cup, and you'll lose all the points I got from Professor McGonagall for knowing about Switching Spells."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014