Super Bowl Commercial Planned for Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park

Fans
Posted by: Edward
January 28, 2010, 11:11 PM

The New York Times Media Decoder has an article online which relates plans by Universal Orlando to include the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park as part of a commercial to air during the upcoming Super Bowl game.  Noting that the spot is set to broadcast during the first half of the game, the ad will "also begin a brand campaign for the resort, carrying the theme "Be courageous. Be outrageous. Be extraordinary." The idea is to highlight the new Harry Potter attraction, as well as mainstays that feature characters like Shrek and Spider-Man."  Super Bowl XLIV will air February 7th on CBS in the States.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Totallyawesome-1_thumb

Can’t wait! Just one more reason to watch this years Super Bowl. Great game, funny commercials, and now this!

Oh, and Go Colts!…….sorry, I had to put that in there!

Posted by GottaGetBackToHogwarts[WBM] on January 29, 2010, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Pretty Cool! But give us the date…. I need to know! ^^

Posted by Nicci Weasley on January 29, 2010, 04:39 PM report to moderator

I couldn’t care less about the Super Bowl this year (since my team is out) but now I’ve got a reason to watch. Well my family will be happy about the game & I’ll be happy about the commercial! =)

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 29, 2010, 04:45 PM report to moderator

There is absolutely no way I could wait for this to appear on YouTube – it’s going to be tough enough to wait until Feb. 7th!

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 29, 2010, 04:48 PM report to moderator

I’m just gonna check youtube. Or here. I’m sure someone will post it! I sooo wish I could go there! But I’m the only HP fan (and child) in my family so even if we do go to Universal I don’t have much of a chance of going there…

Posted by The Pure-Blood Prince on January 29, 2010, 06:04 PM report to moderator
George_ron_thumb

I’m thinking they’ll announce the opening date during the commercial.

I hope. :)

Posted by blue_rogue on January 29, 2010, 06:48 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

As if I didn’t have enough reasons to tune into the Super Bowl, I definitely now will be on the lookout for it!!!! Awesome!!!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on January 29, 2010, 10:14 PM report to moderator
100_1923_thumb

I can’t wait to see it!!!

Posted by PygmyPuff85 on January 29, 2010, 11:07 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Come on Universal, use that as an opportunity to announce your opening date!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on January 29, 2010, 11:23 PM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Heh…Who cares about the Super Bowl…All I wanna see is the Commercial.

Posted by All Was Well on January 30, 2010, 12:29 AM report to moderator
Img_0409note_thumb

oooo, i wanna see the commercial…but not the game….

Posted by Fayebeline on January 30, 2010, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Felton_posed_kaizfeng_006_thumb

I couldn’t care less about the Super Bowl, I actually plan on reading while the game is on… I guess I’ll put down my HP book long enough to watch the commercial. Maybe they’ll even say when it’s going to open!!

Posted by Slytherins do it better on January 30, 2010, 01:50 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

I’m with you, Professor Witchard — it’s a lot to ask to make me sit through that game to see the WWoHP announcement… we usually use that time to drive home after a weekend away — because there’s no-one on the road! I’ll catch the replay on YouTube. But my bet is that they WILL announce the opening date!!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on January 30, 2010, 05:44 AM report to moderator

This is the only reason to watch the Super Bowl this year. My Patriots aren’t there so, GO SAINTS!!!!!

Posted by jeannemclROAR on January 30, 2010, 06:21 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

I’m not a US resident and have never watched Super Bowl, but I know that only the best advertisements (or the most expensive brands) can afford a commercial during the Super Bowl. So HP is the best))) one more proof!

Posted by Pollytomat on January 30, 2010, 06:51 AM report to moderator

"It all comes down to blood, as I was saying the other day. Bad blood will out. Now, I'm saying nothing against your family Petunia... but your sister was a bad egg. They turn up in the best families. Then she ran off with a wastrel and here's the result