Super Bowl Commercial Planned for Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park

Fans
Posted by: Edward
January 28, 2010, 11:11 PM

The New York Times Media Decoder has an article online which relates plans by Universal Orlando to include the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park as part of a commercial to air during the upcoming Super Bowl game.  Noting that the spot is set to broadcast during the first half of the game, the ad will "also begin a brand campaign for the resort, carrying the theme "Be courageous. Be outrageous. Be extraordinary." The idea is to highlight the new Harry Potter attraction, as well as mainstays that feature characters like Shrek and Spider-Man."  Super Bowl XLIV will air February 7th on CBS in the States.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Hpdh_thumb

i will see it and be super pumped then

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on January 28, 2010, 11:30 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

that makes two of us

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on January 28, 2010, 11:45 PM report to moderator

Orlando here I come in September!! Can not wait – but of course will have to.
Hope the ad shows some awesome features.

Posted by hewy on January 29, 2010, 12:20 AM report to moderator
Zomg_yay__thumb

i wonder if they’ll reveal the date that way. Give us at least the month, Universal!

Posted by drarry.girl on January 29, 2010, 12:22 AM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

I suppose it will be available online. I’ll watch it then.

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on January 29, 2010, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Looks like I now have a reason to watch the Super Bowl. =D

Posted by LunaLuver on January 29, 2010, 01:16 AM report to moderator
Weasleycar_thumb

GO COLTS!

Posted by But Hagrid... on January 29, 2010, 03:35 AM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

It will be nice to see it advertised.

Posted by Bara on January 29, 2010, 07:05 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

One of the best spots for TV adverts. Good idea!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on January 29, 2010, 08:51 AM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

yesssss! cant wait :)

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on January 29, 2010, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Always love seeing the commercials during the Super Bowl. I don’t watch the games but the hubby knows I am a HP fan so I know he will call out to me when they come on. Probably will run before the half time show (hopefully anyway).

Posted by beewell on January 29, 2010, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesomeness!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on January 29, 2010, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a super bowl party w/ all my family and they know I’m a super hp freak, and I will be screaming “AHHHHHHHHHH!!! OMG!! I WANT TO GO TO THERE!!!!” :)

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on January 29, 2010, 03:38 PM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

i only watch the superbowl for the commericails anyways

Posted by LilLadySnape on January 29, 2010, 03:56 PM report to moderator

That sucks! Not the commercial! I want to see the commercial! But I’m not putting myself through watching the super bowl looking for it :p Maybe I’ll be able to catch it on YouTube the day after. sigh

Posted by Professor Witchard on January 29, 2010, 04:26 PM report to moderator

"He's a sort of servant, isn't he?"[br]"He's the gamekeeper," said Harry. He was liking the boy less and less every second.[br] "Yes, exactly. I heard he's a sort of [br][i]savage[/i] -- lives in a hut on the school grounds and every now and then he ge