Dobby Voted One of the "Most Downtrodden (Yet Inspiring) Characters in Movie History"

HP References
Posted by: Rosi
January 28, 2010, 03:42 PM

Empire Online has named Dobby as one of their eight "Most Downtrodden (Yet Inspiring) Characters in Movie History." Wall-E, Spartacus and Napoleon Dynamite were amongst the other "luckless individuals who at least make our lives better." The feature provides a background on both why Dobby is so miserable and so inspiring. Quotage:

Dobby continues to play a heroic role throughout the series, always putting the welfare of others before his own, and plays a role out of all proportion to his size.
The full feature can be found on the Empire Online website right here.

Thanks very much to Gazza for the tip!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP References News

Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Totally agree!!! I was so sad when Dobby died!!

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on January 29, 2010, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts-night-castle-image_thumb

8th!? He should be in at least the top 5 or top 3, Dobby deserves better than 8th, well thats my opinion anyway.

Posted by Billy Bluenose on January 29, 2010, 11:38 AM report to moderator

Wow! Napoleon Dynamite and Dobby have SO much in common! Dobby did make my life a tad bit better( like 0.00000000001 better!), but was VERY downtrodden. Thank God he’s going to die next movie!

Posted by deatheater111 on January 29, 2010, 11:45 AM report to moderator

Well, I’m being to harsh on that poor little helpless creature. Yeah, I was a little sad when he died, only because Bellatrix threw a knife at him(OUCH! THAT’S MY BACK YOU WITCH!!)

Posted by deatheater111 on January 29, 2010, 11:48 AM report to moderator
Img_4237_thumb

Aww! I cried SO hard when he died. You deserve it, Dobby!

Posted by Taylor on January 29, 2010, 12:06 PM report to moderator

I love Dobby! One of my favorite characters, and my favorite house-elf!! I can’t wait to see him in both HP movies! I hoe he’s not changed too much.

Posted by Miss RAB on January 29, 2010, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Starship_thumb

Dobby deserves this award!

R.I.P. Dobby, a free elf

Posted by NaRgLeS.WuZz.H3r3(: {Roar} on January 29, 2010, 01:42 PM report to moderator

GadgetDon has a good point about the great reduction in Dobby’s roles in the films, which I find unfortunate. But he still had to iron his hands for aiding Harry and he willingly put himself at great personal risk in his repeated attempts to interfere on Harry’s behalf. As he said, “If Master knew Dobby was here….

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 29, 2010, 02:00 PM report to moderator
129082117994124154_thumb

I love Dobby! They should have kept him in the movies!

Posted by KellBell{ROAR} on January 29, 2010, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

YAY for Dobby!! And for Wall-E too…. love them both!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on January 29, 2010, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

At least he didn’t iron his hands for nothing!

Posted by Won_Two on January 29, 2010, 04:01 PM report to moderator

Go Dobby! He is a very deserving elf. He should have been included in the GOF but they gave his part to Neville. When will they stop messing with the basics of the book?
Any way, Dobby deserves this award for sure!!

Posted by hewy on January 29, 2010, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

YEAH!! Go Dobby!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on January 29, 2010, 05:00 PM report to moderator

Woo. I’m glad Dobby got some love. I also think it’s great that he is on the same list as Napolean Dynamite.

Posted by Queen_Victoria on January 29, 2010, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_books_thumb

That’s good for Dobby. I must admit i cried when realized that he was not going to make it in the end…“HERE LIES DOBBY A FREE ELF” That still gets me.

Posted by Anna Weasley on January 29, 2010, 05:24 PM report to moderator

"An Age Line!" Fred Weasley said, his eyes glinting, as they all made their way across the Hall to the doors into the entrance hall. "Well, that should be fooled by an Aging Potion, shouldn't it? And once your name's in that goblet, you're laughing -- it

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014