Rumor: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in 3D?

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
January 26, 2010, 02:42 PM

Reports are now making their way around the internet regarding rumors that the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films are set appear in 3D upon their theatrical release.  A report originating on the Hollywood Reporter Heat Vision Blog reports that following early 3D conversion tests of the film "Clash of the Titans" by Warner Bros., the studio has decided to release "two-part "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in 3D."  This report of a 3D "Deathly Hallows" comes online despite confirmation by WB, but notes that it believes "but an announcement [regarding its 3D release] on "Titans" is expected by week’s end, and official word on the "Potter"pics surely will follow."  The blog goes on to say that "Conversion expenses have been coming down, so each film will cost just $5 million to convert into 3D."

While this is very much an exciting possibility, until official word comes from Warner Bros., this news remains in the rumor category.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One" is set for release on November 19, 2010, while "Part Two" is will hit theaters on July 15, 2011.

Thanks to Oli!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

cause i dont wasnt dragon heat all over my face thank u very much

Posted by Kristine *ROAR* on January 28, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Cute_farm_shelb_and_rew_thumb

Wow. that would be unbelievably awesome. I would like to have it on 2d for the dvd as well.

Posted by Cat de la Creme on January 28, 2010, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

I can’t remember if I commented on this or not? (Oh, how sad it is when the memory fades….) At any rate, I don’t think it will be an overly terrible thing so long as the effect does not impare the story. It would be a shame if the final chapter focused more on the effects & less on the text when it needs an equal balance of both.

Posted by Bara on January 28, 2010, 10:32 PM report to moderator

If WB and/or Yates is seriously planning this 3D business for DH, it only further proves that they just don’t get it. They don’t appreciate what they have, and what they have is an instant classic, a great story with great characters inhabited by great actors.

The film doesn’t need gimmicks. It just needs to tell the story properly and completely.

Posted by Jillxoxo on January 28, 2010, 11:08 PM report to moderator
7933_150942179770_728619770_2487120_270128_n_thumb

Noooooooo!!! Not 3D!!!! It wouldn’t match the other films and anyway, they’re already awesome enough without another cinema fad on top of them!!

Posted by BethWitchWizard on January 28, 2010, 11:09 PM report to moderator
Th_dawn_icons_thumb

personally I think 3D would be a waste…but Yahoo already has up on its news that the films ARE going to be in 3D…did they hear something else? or are they just making assumptions

Posted by hpfanaticfan2011 on January 29, 2010, 12:00 AM report to moderator

I’m not worried that the 3D effects will detract from the exciting story that takes place in Deathly Hallows. I’m sure both films will be thrilling and huge hits at the box office.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 29, 2010, 12:35 AM report to moderator
Avpmtexic35_thumb

Yeah, I’m kinda hoping that its not in 3D, I saw avatar and it kinda made me feel a little nauseous. And for like 15 minutes afterward I was seeing double. It just tripped my mind and I don’t think it works as well for us nearsighted people. I think if they just release it in 2D and 3D it would make a lot of people happy.

Posted by Forever Weasleys ROAR!! on January 29, 2010, 02:19 AM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

SWEET!!

Posted by hermy007 on January 29, 2010, 05:19 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I don’t know how I feel about this… I really hope that if it’s true, they don’t focus primarily on 3-D effects. We want the story told, not a visual gimmick!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on January 29, 2010, 09:15 AM report to moderator

That would be one HECK of a movie!

Posted by Professor Witchard on January 29, 2010, 02:25 PM report to moderator

I’m not really a big fan of 3-D movies. The color is all messed up, and it generally all looks wierd. I like to wear my glasses during movies in case my contacts get buggy, and it would be kind of.. erm… awkward to have both pairs of glasses on at once. (3-D and normal)

Posted by The Pure-Blood Prince on January 30, 2010, 11:52 AM report to moderator

I heard that from my dad… 3-D gives me headaches, but it’ll be worth it completely!!!

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on January 30, 2010, 02:27 PM report to moderator

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on January 30, 2010, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Ginnya10_thumb

that would be great

Posted by nutela17 on January 30, 2010, 11:35 PM report to moderator

"We know you're up to something funny," said Aunt Petunia.[br]"We're not stupid, you know," said Uncle Vernon.[br]"Well, [i]that's[/i] news to me," said Harry, his temper rising...

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014