Harry Potter Exhibition in Boston Extended Through February 28, 2010

Movies
Posted by: Edward
January 25, 2010, 11:41 AM

The Harry Potter Exhibition currently on display in Boston, Mass. has been extended one additional week, until February 28, 2010, due to the popularity of the traveling exhibition of props from the Harry Potter films.  News came of the extended East Coast run via a press release, which also gave word that the exhibition would extend its viewing hours during the "February school vacation weeks in Massachusetts and New Hampshire."  The extended hours are as follows:

• Saturday, February 13 through Saturday, February 20, Harry Potter: The Exhibition and Museum exhibit halls are open 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
  • Sunday, February 21 through Thursday, February 25, hours are: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
  • Friday, February 26: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
  • Saturday, February 27 – Sunday, February 28: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
The only New England stop on the touring exhibition's schedule, the exhibit will settle next in Toronto, Ontario, Canada at the Ontario Science Center starting April 9, 2010.  Ticket information and full schedules may be found via the Harry Potter Exhibition website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

_r9kau7w_thumb

looks awesome!! i wish i could go :( well….i dont live too far from toronto…so…maybe…

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on January 27, 2010, 08:15 PM report to moderator

I really want to see this & would be very disappointed if it doesn’t come to my state!

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 27, 2010, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I saw this in Boston, and it is magnificent! If you are nearby, please don’t miss it!

Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

Wish they could come to where I live. But that sounds good, too.

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on January 28, 2010, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Snape_and_hermione_in_grey_by_usagistu_thumb

I have yet to see it. Hopefully, the Exhibition site will update showing other tour stops in the near future, so that I can at least see if it’s possible for me to go to it.

Posted by Bara on January 28, 2010, 10:45 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

I’m sure they have a good idea of where it’s going but they don’t release that info too far in advance so that the current site gets more people traveling from other areas.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on January 29, 2010, 01:22 AM report to moderator

Well, I’m not surprised the exibit is such a success. I wish I could go see it…. :o(

Posted by Kami Malfoy on February 02, 2010, 05:11 AM report to moderator

I just went to see it in Boston yesterday (Feb5, 2010) and I was disappointed. I was expecting to see actual artifacts used in the movies but in most cases I think the “artifacts” presented were created just for the exhibition. A case in point was Hagrid’s clothing. It was huge, it would have fit an 8’ tall person, yet the actor that plays Hagrid is only 6’1". Obviously during filming they used the technique of forced perspective to make him appear larger, but his clothes would not have been huge! Another disappointment were Harry and Ron’s beds- they were really small, not like the large beds shown in the movies. Finally, and most fatally, Harry’s acceptance letter- the letter in the exhibition was TYPED, anyone who watched the movies would know that when Hagrid gave it to Harry it was HANDWRITTEN! Overall the exhibit was full of eye candy and was fun, but as I said it was not what I expected.

Posted by plymoutharch on February 06, 2010, 10:22 PM report to moderator

Bought my tickets…going this Saturday!

Posted by Dawna on February 09, 2010, 01:28 AM report to moderator

"If you're wondering what the smell is, Mother, a Mudblood just walked in."