David Yates: "Deathly Hallows" a "big opera, a great big epic, with huge battles"

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
January 24, 2010, 06:50 PM

The March 2010 issue of Total Film Magazine appears to have a small report on the upcoming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" films which features a few new quotes from director David Yates, actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger), and screenwriter Steve Kloves.  A report on SS notes comments made by David Yates, who expands on earlier comments which described Part One of "Deathly Hallows" as "a road film," by saying that the film "[is] a refugee story about three kids cut off from everything they know and everybody they love, being pursued relentlessly by people who want to murder them."  He goes on to describe the second part of the film as a "big opera, a great big epic, with huge battles."

The report continues, featuring a quote from Miss Watson who comments on a new "structure" for the film by saying: “The others have this structure. You know, we come into the Great Hall and there’s the opening talk. And that’s gone."  The report concludes by relating comments made by screenwriter Steven Kloves, who says that the ultimate split of the film "allow[s] us to stretch a bit with the characters and give them the proper send-off."

The issue is said to be on newsstands now; if you come across a copy of the issue, please do email scans to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

it’s impossible to leave anything out. I mean c’mon, they’ll be worrying they won’t have ENOUGH to put in. It’s Bill and Fleur in the picture for sure, i have the Blu-Ray copy, and with the trailer on the disc, we have a pretty clear view of their faces. It’s deffinatley them. Chill.
I hope they don’t cut it where i’m like “.” but i want enough in the first half. And everything in the second. I hope Dobby looks good. I want the chamber of secrets Dobby, not David Yate’s Dobby. I’m also worried about his costume. Will he be in a scarf and hat? Which will be good, but i dunno whether it’ll be “Dobby, film version”.
Kreacher is back, different voice, but back. I want him more youthful, i can’t imagine the old decrepid OOTP film version to have tantrums and scream “the mudblood is speaking to me”.
I’m really looking forward to the 7 Potter’s scene!! that should be really clever. D-rad, dressing up as everyone. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
I’m worried about the final battle, i can see Yates fudging it up. He has a habbit of doing that. I hope he doesn’t ADD new scenes. Theres no need too!

David Yates, if you explore this website and see what your fans think, PLEASEEEEEEEE DON’T FLUFF THIS ONE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.
the OOTP was a faillllllll. Keep it traditional “potter” baby.
Ooh and i like the noise the wand made in Prisoner of Azkaban, use it again ;)
cheers slap-head xx

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on January 26, 2010, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Audrey_side_lit_1_2_thumb

I AM SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Posted by Audrey Sunshine {ROAR} on January 26, 2010, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Iconator_0ddd959618ae9a78efb424ee6e099b53_thumb

Proper send-off… That’s nice – if nothing else, we know they’re putting their efforts into respecting all those characters. It’s going to be so epic!

Posted by AK on January 26, 2010, 03:10 PM report to moderator

oooooooohhhhh this is going to be awsome

Posted by Kristine *ROAR* on January 26, 2010, 03:11 PM report to moderator

no aabsalutly wonderful

Posted by Kristine *ROAR* on January 26, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator

i hope they foolow the book

Posted by Kristine *ROAR* on January 26, 2010, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

fine by me.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on January 26, 2010, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lphabmv2ob1qcqbbso1_500_thumb

Oh I just can’t wait to see it, it’s going to be brilliant I’m sure! It sounds like it’s gonna be a blast, and if it doesn’t I’ll never ever forgive them for ruining the last one!!

Posted by Bech7Raven [WBM] on January 27, 2010, 12:49 AM report to moderator

I hope that Bill & Fleur’s wedding is as funny as it is in the book. I’m thinking of the comments from Luna’s dad about the garden gnomes, Great Aunt Muriel’s inebriated revelations to Harry & Viktor Krum’s grumbling “What’s the point of being a famous Quidditch player if all the pretty girls are taken?”

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 27, 2010, 03:09 AM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

I hope it’s as epic as David says it is.

If DH is a failure (which I can really doubt), it’d be so bad beyond words to us Potter fans.

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on January 27, 2010, 03:35 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

fine by me.

Posted by DesQueJteVois on January 27, 2010, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

i see… ACCIO NOVEMBER!!!

Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

I think they’re changing the split.

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on January 27, 2010, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

They really should. They can’t end it before Malfoy Manor. I think that’s really bad.

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on January 27, 2010, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Phoenixlament_normal_normal_thumb

I wonder what they could take out, though. There is not going to be any Barny. But what else?

Posted by DH Obsessed [ROAR!] on January 27, 2010, 07:40 PM report to moderator

But whether James really did take off Snape's pants, Harry never found out. A hand had closed tight over his upper arm, closed with a pincerlike grip. Wincing, Harry looked around to see who had hold of him, and saw, with a thrill of horror, a fully grow