Helping Haiti Heal: LiveStream Fundraising Event Saturday at 2pm EST
January 21, 2010, 04:45 PM
The Leaky Cauldron is helping Haiti heal. Harry Potter fans have joined with members of fandoms from other popular books, movies, and tv series (including Heroes, Lost, True Blood, The Wire and Firefly) to create Helping Haiti Heal, a home-grown effort to contribute to the growing humanitarian aid and charitable relief activities in Haiti.
This Saturday, January 23rd, at 2 P.M. EST
, HPA's PotterWatch
, Hogwarts Radio
, and FictionAlley
will come together for a live fundraising webcast here on Livestream
to benefit Partners in Health
. This four hour live event will feature a donation drive where donors have the opportunity to win prizes, live performances from many wizard rockers; leaders in fan communities; personal interviews with Haitian-Americans about the importance of giving to Partners In Health; human rights activists; a representative from MIT's Media Lab discussing ways that we can donate our time using new media; and much more.
Help spread the word by Tweeting the following:
We're Helping Haiti Heal - learn about a huge fandom event happening Sat. from 2pm to 6pm ET! http://bit.ly/5603s6 #hhh
A major part of this event will be raising funds to help those in Haiti through Partners In Health. Countless fan sites, wizard rockers, authors, entertainers, and organizations have donated to this donation drive. As part of this effort, Leaky has donated:
- A full access pass to LeakyCon 2011, worth well over $300
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Deluxe Edition
- Rare copy of Jingle Spells 1
- Free Jingle Spells 2 and 3
- Personalized Harry, A History by author Melissa Anelli
- Guest spots on PotterCast; outgoing voicemails and birthday messages from the PotterCasters
- Harry Potter LEGO Game (upon game's release)
- PotterCast posters
Those items represent a small selection the many amazing, unique, and rare prizes are available to donors. The full list includes such items as:
- Five signed and dedicated copies of novels by bestselling author Terry Pratchett.
- Signed books from Time Magazine's Lev Grossman, Movies in 15 Minutes author Cleolinda Jones, and Urban fantasy novelist Lilith Saintcrow, as well as young adult authors Karen Healey, Aprilynne Pike, Pam Bachorz, Lisa Mantchev, and many more.
- A signed Mega Book Pack of 30 novels from The 2009 Debutantes, including: Malindo Lo, Saundra Mitchell, Sarah Ockler, Michelle Zink, and Jackson Pearce.
- Guest spots on PotterCast and Hogwarts Radio.
- Busted keyboard used by Harry and the Potters at over 200 shows.
- Signed CDs from such wizard rock bands as The Remus Lupins, The Whomping Willows, The Butterbeer Experience, and Oliver Boyd and the Rememberalls.
- Quality replica LightSaber based on Luke's from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
- $200 Gift Certificate to Infinitus 2010.
- Limited edition, artist signed, Replica Slimer from Ghostbusters.
Join us Saturday, January 23rd at 2 P.M. EST right here on Livestream
for this live, jam-packed, fundraising event. Together, we can help Haiti heal.