Emma Watson Makes AskMen.com's 99 Women of 2010 List

Watson
Posted by: Edward
January 20, 2010, 01:35 PM

Actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) has been named one of AskMen.com's 99 Women of 2010, coming in at number 55 on the list.  An article on Canada.com notes that Miss Watson was one of two teens on the list, the other being actress Kristin Stewart ("Twilight").  AskMen.com's profile of the young actress relates, in part:

When casting began for the film adaptation of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone about 10 years ago, Emma Watson was only nine years old and studying at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts. Thanks to her theater teacher, who directed casting agents to the budding actress, eight auditions later Emma Watson, along with her then future castmates Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint, landed the leading roles that would soon change the course of their lives.
...
Where will you see her post-Potter? University, no less. "Until something comes along that I feel as strongly about as I did Hermione -- like, I felt that it was life or death -- I don't want to act again," says the young actress. Watson won't be completely out of the limelight any time soon, and not just because Harry Potter films will be in theaters until 2011. Emma stars in Burberry's Autumn/Winter 2009 campaign, shot by none other than world renowned photographer Mario Testino.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

She certainly is beautiful.

Posted by Dawna on January 21, 2010, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

She certainly does deserve to be recognized, as she is a talented, beautiful, graceful, and attractive young woman.

Posted by Kirk on January 21, 2010, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_3103_normal_normal_normal_normal_thumb

YAY! Congratulations Emma! When I went to AskMen.com, 76% of the people say that she should go higher. She is amazing intelligent and beautiful.

For Kristen Stewart (#21) 83% of the people say that she should go down. Oh well!

Posted by LoveTomRiddle [ROAR] on January 21, 2010, 01:45 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix_by_alicexz-d3b6ze0_thumb

emma’s great. she’s so broad-minded. and cares about her education, not just money. shes great.

Posted by MaggieNoise on January 21, 2010, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Congrats to Emma! I do hope we see her in some other movies here and there…. she is a wonderful actress. If not in movies, then see her around for fashion of course.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on January 21, 2010, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

GO EMMA!!!!! She’s gorgeous! I can’t wait to see what she does in the future after she finishes up school! She deserves a break after acting non-stop for 10 years of her life, but I"m sure she will pursue other projects soon. The HP films still aren’t finished yet.

Posted by cghambright on January 21, 2010, 04:06 PM report to moderator

Incidently, I applaud her for her desire to pursue higher education, rather than to cast it aside to act. That aside, I think she is fun to watch and hope that she will continue her acting career in the future!

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 21, 2010, 04:52 PM report to moderator

Kristen Stewart isn’t even in the same league as Emma, no matter what her position on this particular list.

Posted by Kami Malfoy on January 21, 2010, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Me3_thumb

Would you want to act again if you had enough money for you children, your grandchildren, etc. to never have to worry about anything? I know I wouldn’t. I’d go to school and live my life how I always dreamed.

Posted by Horcrux~Noctus~ on January 21, 2010, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

You are the best Hermione,Emma! Love you!!! :-D

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on January 21, 2010, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

Way to go Emma!

Posted by Jacket on January 21, 2010, 09:27 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

She seems very determined to finish her scholar education, which is admirable. Congrats, Emma!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on January 21, 2010, 09:38 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Good for her! Glad to hear she is planning on staying at University.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on January 21, 2010, 10:05 PM report to moderator

I think that Emma is a very good actress, who is amazingly talented and pretty. It is a lot of fun to watch her mature through the movies. She is a much better role model than “Hannah Montana”. Kudos for Emma for going to college and getting an education!

Posted by ivbaillie on January 22, 2010, 12:54 AM report to moderator

Wonderful, I couldn’t picture anyone else as Hermione, I think she was the best pick!

Posted by Little Deatheater on January 22, 2010, 02:01 AM report to moderator

Harry looked down at his own wand. He could see finger marks all over it. He gathered a fistful of robe from his knee and tried to rub it clean surreptitiously. Several gold sparks shot out of the end of it. Fleur Delacour gave him a very patronizing look