Radcliffe, Watson Talk "Deathly Hallows" Filming Outside Hogwarts, Harry's Leadership, and More

DH Film
Posted by: Edward
January 14, 2010, 06:49 PM

Yahoo!Movies UK has published a short set report from a recent visit to the "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" set.  The article contains quotes from actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) on the "road movie" feeling of the latest Potter film, commenting on filming outside the traditional Hogwarts sets.  On this subject, Miss Watson notes:

"It was so nice to be outside, in the forest and out of the studio - running about. It was so much fun. Because it’s such an emotional, heavy film, it was nice to get out and do some action stuff.  They were very fun scenes to film. Being out of Hogwarts just makes it really different. It just gives the audience a whole different experience. I’m so excited to see it together."
Mr. Radcliffe agrees, saying, "It might take people a while to adjust to this one... The main thing is we’re not at Hogwarts. It makes a huge difference. It gives the film a totally different feel."  Additionally, the young Harry Potter actor spoke to the changes in his character over the course of the final film, relating that "Harry is like a Roman Emperor in his last days and everyone is turning on him."  He continues:
"Harry is completely paranoid about what Ron and Hermione are saying about him. He thinks they’re doubting his leadership, but while he is asking people that, he himself is doubting his leadership. He has no plan, so he is pretty useless."
The full set report from Yahoo!Movies UK may be read right here.

Thanks much to Megan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

A_mouse_digital_painting__anahita_____the_other_me___by_aty_s_behsam-d5p8l5n_thumb

comparing Harry to a Roman emperor was really cool! Loved the interview although there was nothing new really… But I’m dying to see the movie!

Posted by Maxtina Potter (Aty) on January 15, 2010, 11:23 AM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

Oh, I hope that they wont overdo Harry’s brooding and uselessness fears.

Posted by nellythemarrow on January 15, 2010, 11:27 AM report to moderator
Keeper_thumb

Great article! Can’t wait to see the movies.

Posted by AvanelleWood on January 15, 2010, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

close to 300 days left….soooooooooo exciting

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on January 15, 2010, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

i didn’t even really contemplate that. no hogwarts in the film…it’s going to be so different!

Posted by harrygetsme on January 15, 2010, 11:59 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Huh…no Hogwarts. I mean, we knew that but until you read it, I guess it hasn’t seemed real yet. Bitter-sweet information; excited to see DH1 but utterly depressed that the end is so near.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on January 15, 2010, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

oh yeah!!! i want to see how they represent it!! the whole movie!!! =D

Ron1_thumb

Seriously… this movie is going to kick some major arse.

Posted by Christine on January 15, 2010, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

I didn’t even think about the fact that there’s no Hogwarts… That’s gonna change the whole movie but it will be a welcome and amazing change. I can’t wait to see how everything comes together :)

Posted by da_member0808 on January 15, 2010, 01:12 PM report to moderator

I can not wait for it to come out!!! I am rereading the book Just for the movie to come out !!!

Posted by Mew5645 on January 15, 2010, 02:05 PM report to moderator
83012486_thumb

I admit, I was kinda iffy when I realize this will not be shot in Hogwarts, but this new pace of direction is definitely exciting!

Posted by tofupanda on January 15, 2010, 02:08 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

I can not wait to see these films Squeeeeee!!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on January 15, 2010, 02:20 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

<3 <3 <3 I am sooooo excited……this needs to come out like….in the next hour or so

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on January 15, 2010, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Th_drarry_thumb

I can’t wait for this to come out~

Posted by xSlytherin Kissesx on January 15, 2010, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

This movie is gonna kick some major arse indeed! HARRY POTTER ROCKS! Twilight who? As it is the last one,it´s gonna be a bit depressing…Ugh! HP will be over! No more books(cried my eyes out) No more movies (NOOOO)
I like how Harry gets paranoid about what Ron and Hermione are saying bc it proves how afraid he is of losing his friends.It has nothing to do with leadership,really.His major fear is to be left alone.And when Ron leaves he gets even worse.“First Ron and now I´m gonna lose Hermione if I don´t get a move on.”It´s such an agony.I love Dh,it´s my favourite book.I am super excited about this movie.Harry and Ginny together,Ron and Hermione Let the countdown begin!

Posted by Tamyris on January 15, 2010, 03:12 PM report to moderator

But from that moment on, Hermione Granger became their friend. There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.