Daniel Radcliffe on Filming "Deathly Hallows" in Scotland

DH Film
Posted by: Rosi
January 10, 2010, 04:09 PM

Daniel Radcliffe has spoken to a Scottish newspaper about filming "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" in the recent snowy weather. Mr. Radcliffe, speaking to the Sunday Mail, describes the camping scenes filmed by Loch Etive in Scotland as "magic." He goes on to say, "[the] mountains up there looked kind of blue and the weather was great." Talking about the various filming locations used for the first part of the seventh film, Mr. Radcliffe comments that it is a "road movie [...] and it's going to look very different."

The paper also spoke to producer David Barron about his decision to not write snow scenes into the plot of "Deathly Hallows." Instead the producer says that they chose to return to Leavesden Studios and film indoor scenes on the Great Hall set.

The full article can be found here on The Daily Record website.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

_r9kau7w_thumb

sounds awesome!! :) I SO CAN NOT WAITTTT! :D

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on January 11, 2010, 02:08 AM report to moderator
Bildschirmfoto_2013-01-31_um_11

My aunt lives in Scotland and mailed me that article. She was so proud! Scotland is beautiful and I’d rather go there than any other place at the moment – even though it’s freezing right now. ;-)

Posted by Spinner's End ^HISS^ (ITC) on January 11, 2010, 07:31 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Too bad, snow scenes would have been beautiful :)

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on January 11, 2010, 08:16 AM report to moderator
26dfd7603b091fe4c95efaad002edbaa46_thumb

cool i cant wait

Posted by LilLadySnape on January 11, 2010, 08:39 AM report to moderator
Edith___thumb

hey cool 2nd comment!!

Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Again with the changes. One of the interviews with Rowling revealed that she read up on alchemy and used that thoughout the books. For those of us who latched onto that some time ago, I find it disappointing that they are changing colors and weather, etc. All of that is important for the continuity of the alchemical imagery. That is one of the things that Rowling included that makes the books so rich and many layered. When they change the colors of the wedding at the beginning of Deathly Hallows or take out the rain or snow, it really messes it all up. The story will still be good, I’m sure, but it will lose much of the symbolism that gives the books more depth than just another fantasy adventure.

Posted by Eeyore on January 11, 2010, 08:45 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Eeyore, you have a point. But, there will always be a lot that is lost in the films. Sometimes I like when they change things, but sometimes I don’t.

Posted by Smitch on January 11, 2010, 08:53 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I hope they someone work some magic and add some snow at least for Godric’s Hollow.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on January 11, 2010, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Imagescaoyiy8w_thumb

WOW it sounds like it is going to be GREAT!!!! I am glad they are splitting the last movie into two parts, this way, I feel they will be able to capture all of the book into it!!!! lol and of course wrap any loose ends!!!!

Posted by Mistic Willow on January 11, 2010, 11:06 AM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

DH!!!! They are working really hard on thet one!
By the way, when the countdown will be made??? :D

Posted by Pollytomat on January 11, 2010, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

Wish I was up there with ’em….sigh

Posted by All Was Well on January 11, 2010, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts-night-castle-image_thumb

Scotland is the perfect place to film if you want mountains and hills, a good choise.

Posted by Billy Bluenose on January 11, 2010, 12:22 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_seal_thumb

I’be scene pictures of Scottland…it looks nice there.

Posted by Jacket on January 11, 2010, 01:28 PM report to moderator

Wait they are not using real snow I thought they only used it on ski slopes

Posted by Mew5645 on January 11, 2010, 01:40 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I think what he more means to say through this comment is that the narrative that J.K. Rowling originally wrote devoted little time to describing scenes with snow (with the exception of the visit to Godric’s Hollow and the Silver Doe, if I remember correctly). Because of this, the film might have the appearance of a short winter. One may assume that some people behind the film might have thought it possible to incorporate additional scenes to enhance the plot but ultimately decided against it to remain faithful to the story.

Posted by Kirk on January 11, 2010, 02:43 PM report to moderator

"Did you check the lunar chart and realize that I was always ill at the full moon? Or did you realize that the boggart changed into the moon when it saw me?"[br]"Both," Hermione said quietly.[br]Lupin forced a laugh.[br]"You're the cleverest witch of your