Normal, Non- Airborne Muggle Transportation the Way to University for Emma Watson

Watson
September 09, 2009, 09:15 AM

Actress Emma Watson has updated her website to confirm that she has arrived safely at Brown University where she will be attending school this year here in the US. She writes that she "arrived on Tuesday, and is having "the most amazing time." Emma continues "I'm still so excited to be here; I've already met so many incredible people. I'm over my jet lag and now I just want classes to start! Hope you are all well and happy and if you've just started college or university that it is everything you hoped it would be."

Tabloids and paparazzi have been relentlessness in their pursuit of Emma arriving at school, with scores of reports flying all over the internet (which will not reappear on TLC). One such ludicrous rumor had Emma arriving at school in airborne manner, which the Hermione Granger actress dispelled by stating "Oh and contrary to the reports you may have read, I didn't arrive by helicopter. I've only been in one once when I was little and I was terrified. Now back to my studies! Speak soon."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

i believe that Emma Watson is attending Columbia….

Posted by Rob on September 09, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Gosh, I guess they’re all done filming the DH movies. sniff

I hope she’s able to enjoy being in college without all the craziness. Well, with just the normal college craziness anyway, lol. I wonder if she’ll join a sorority? :D

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on September 09, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Avatar_3_thumb

yay for Emma! It must be really tough for her to try to blend in as a normal student, but she is a smart and capable girl, so I truly believe that things will be just fine or her. Good luck!

Posted by Lavendergirl ~WBM~ on September 09, 2009, 08:09 PM report to moderator
Blondewitch_thumb

gorgeous photo. :)

Posted by harryplusrachel, Certified Book Purist on September 09, 2009, 08:35 PM report to moderator
Blondewitch_thumb

gorgeous photo. :)

Posted by harryplusrachel, Certified Book Purist on September 09, 2009, 08:38 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

Give her her privacy damnit, she’s busy being an awesome role model. lol. I agree, no tabloid pictures. Good LUCK Emma- go get ’em!!

Posted by Brianna on September 09, 2009, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_thumb

EMMAENJOY YOUR TIME AT BROWN. DO YOUR STUDIES AND MAKE FRIENDS. THE NOVELTY OF YOUR BEING A STUDENT WILL SOON WEAR OFF, AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BLEND IN WITH THE REST OF THE STUDENT BODY. AS THINGS SETTLE DOWN, ENJOY VISITING THE SURROUNDING AREA AND SIGHTS. IT’S A BEAUTIFUL AND HISTORICAL PART OF THE COUNTRY. BEST OF LUCK.

Posted by biiigbob on September 09, 2009, 10:27 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Good Luck, Emma! We know you’ll do well…you seem to have “Hermoine-esque” smarts! Hope you can live a normal life there….but what a lucky room mate!

Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on September 09, 2009, 10:28 PM report to moderator
Blast-ended_skrewt_thumb

As fine a website as Leaky is, it let down its members by not letting us know earlier that Emma had arrived at Brown for orientation. After all, where Emma would attend college was the greatest mystery for Potter fans since the “Is Snape good or bad” debate before DH was published.

Furthermore, the only published photos of Emma at Brown have been the sort that anybody on that campus could have taken. They weren’t violations of her privacy, since she was outdoors with other students in normal group activities. It was good to see her looking so pleased to be there with her family and her new friends. If anything, the photos I’ve seen make her transition from actress to student more real. Perhaps the photos will show even her most ardent fans that she does indeed have a life apart from playing Hermione. Finally, the pictures of Emma with Jay Barrymore, who seems like a nice, relaxed guy, should make us all happy that she has found someone with whom to share this time in her life.

Posted by Professor Skrewt, OoM4, SM on September 09, 2009, 10:29 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Lmao @ the helicopter thing!! I wish her the VERY best!! She’s so awesome! Go Emma!!

Posted by cghambright on September 09, 2009, 11:09 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i wish her the best in college, i hope they leave her alone

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on September 09, 2009, 11:13 PM report to moderator
Dhc-avatar_thumb

Cool! I hope everything goes well for her, although I can’t imagine how weird it could be at first with other students, etc. I really hope the paparazzi lay off soon, though. Hooray for privacy!

Posted by The Hufflepuff Giraffe on September 09, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I am so proud of Emma for pursuing her university degree, and Brown is a great school!!! Good luck Emma, I hope college is everything YOU hoped it would be :)

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on September 10, 2009, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Salazar_slytherin_by_undeadbovine_thumb

why’s everyone so excited? it’s only an university for God’s sake…

Posted by lady_anne on September 10, 2009, 07:12 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Hope Emma can keep her privacy, good luck to her on that. Just last night, I saw a report on E! news with papparazzi pics.

Posted by alegria35 on September 10, 2009, 07:24 AM report to moderator

It seemed that she had crept out of the hospital wing during dinnertime, evidently hoping to depart undetected, but unfortunately for her, she met Peeves on the way, who seized his last chance to do as Fred had instructed and chased her gleefully from the

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014