Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD to Include Feature on Theme Park; List of Deleted Scenes Available

HBP Film
September 08, 2009, 05:43 AM

Great news today for fans eagerly awaiting the DVD for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The British Board of Film Classification has now released the list of deleted scenes to be included, as well as news there is to be an 11 minute, 38 second feature on the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park currently under construction in Orlando, Florida. Interestingly, the theme park feature is listed as both an video and online feature. As for the the deleted scenes from HBP, a sum total of 6 minutes and 31 seconds in length, the scenes are as follows:

00:00:26:17 ("HARRY AND HERMIONE WALK THROUGH HOGWARTS HALL" (SC. 85))
00:01:00:01 ("HARRY AND HERMIONE DISCUSS MARAUDER'S MAP" (SC. 95))
00:01:04:08 ("HARRY
RON & HERMIONE DISCUSS THE VANISHING CABINET" (SC. 118-119))
00:00:38:07 ("HARRY AND DUMBLEDORE ARRIVE AT CAVE ENTRANCE" (SC. 122))
00:00:19:07 ("HARRY AND DUMBLEDORE LEAVE CAVE" (SC. 124))
00:01:39:22 ("CLOUDS GATHER OVER HOGWARTS AS FLITWICK CONDUCTS CHOIR" (SC. 125-129))
00:00:40:08 ("HARRY JOINS RON
HERMIONE AND GINNY IN THE COMMON ROOM" (SC. 140))
00:00:42:16 ("HARRY AND HERMIONE DISCUSS RON AT ASTRONOMY TOWER" (SC. 142))

Thanks so much Matty!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Capture10_thumb

wow they werent kidding when they said they didnt cut much and that there wouldnt be that many deleted scenes. :D

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on September 08, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator

maybe they thought that if harry was with hermione 2 much, they would probably think that harry & hermione would be a better couple

Posted by ravenclaw_girl42 on September 08, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Sounds awesome! I’m always interested to see the deleted scenes… but sometimes I wish that they had kept some of the deleted scenes in the film.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 08, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Poor Flitwick, he used to teach charms and now he just conducts choirs in the movies. Also, I empathize with Steven Kloves. Hermione is my favorite too. :-)

Posted by sgreeter8888 on September 08, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

HAHA! Harry & Hermione how many times? Soooomebody’s crush has been revealed!
I can’t wait to see the deleted scenes:]. Is there a midnight release party in some stores for the DVD?

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on September 08, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

HAHA! Harry & Hermione how many times? Soooomebody’s crush has been revealed!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on September 08, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

I’ll be glad to see any deleted scenes no matter who is in them. I am less interested in the theme park and would rather here more from the actors.

Posted by Girlraven1 on September 08, 2009, 07:18 PM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

hmmm.. doesn’t look like Snape’s line, “IT’S OVER,” fits into any of these scenes…
OR
“I don’t need luck- I’ll be with Dumbledore!”
OR
the extended attack on the burrow that we read in the script.

OR
“I don’t need luck- I’ll be with Dumbledore!”
OR
the extended attack on the burrow that we read in the script.
I’m not upset… I just find it weird. Perhaps they are saving some scenes down the road for the official extended edition of the DVD (?)Can’t wait to hear/see “In Noctem”!!!!!!

Posted by Rumbleroar! on September 08, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Poa_thumb

AND DONT FORGET TO KEEP VOTING FOR HBP at spike.com!!! xD

Posted by Rumbleroar! on September 08, 2009, 07:25 PM report to moderator

Awesome-sauce, and I get why everyone is pissed of Kloves pretty much over-uses Hermione (and obviously Yates remedied this in editing) but with the plot of this book Ron is with Lavender a whole lot leaving Harry and Hermione at a loose end. I’d never defend Kloves about anything, but that’s just fact…

Anyway, the final scene “00:00:42:16 (”HARRY AND HERMIONE DISCUSS RON AT ASTRONOMY TOWER" (SC. 142))" makes perfect sense in the context of the film. Remember that cheesy ending so many of us were complaining about? Surely whatever they discuss will be part of that scene, and it will finally explain Ron’s complete lack of interest in being there. Maybe I should say I hope…

Posted by Clabwag. on September 08, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Avery-vogue_thumb

I wonder if Film-Ron didn’t appear interested in being there because he wasn’t there at all in the original script. That ending always looked/felt like a re-shoot to me. So weird to have him not interacting with H/H at all, and to have Book-Ron’s lines coming out of Film-Hermione’s mouth. Does anyone remember how the sneak preview version of the film ended?

Posted by Averyfan on September 08, 2009, 08:34 PM report to moderator
14202936_thumb

i am so excited!

Posted by littlefurlo3 on September 08, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator
181535_1649442835222_1211510867_31618841_6686001_n_thumb

I’m not surprised.

Posted by  HeartbreakDX  on September 08, 2009, 08:54 PM report to moderator

THIS IS SOO FREAKING AWESOME I CANT WAIT FOR THE DVD TO COME OUT!!!!!!

Posted by dobbyis_free on September 08, 2009, 09:05 PM report to moderator
Dl_10_thumb

soooooooooo cool!!! cant wait for the deleted scenes they r gonna be awesome!! :) :)

Posted by GinnyPotter:) on September 08, 2009, 09:27 PM report to moderator

"Saturn was surely in a position of power in the heavens at the moment of your birth... Your dark hair... your mean stature... tragic losses so young in life... I think I am right in saying, my dear, that you were born in midwinter?"[br]"No," said Harry,

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014